SS1: Strictly Business

Author's note: Fact is, this chapter is supposed to release yesterday (10September 2023), since all there is are just editing it.

However, yesterday I had a boxing match and needless to say I am absolutely BEATEN. Did I lose? Fuck no, I won that thing. WE WIN THESE!!

My body was, however, in simple words, IT FUCKING HURTS A LOT. My tendons hurt, my joints hurt, my ribcage is hurt, my head is all over the place.

I entered into fucking hibernation when I got home.

On the positive side, I got Yato alter with the free 10-pull.

Oh yeah and that banner or something that I did at the end, check it out when you reach the end. Oh and as usual read the author's note at the end.

----------------------------------------------------

"I've lost count of how many times I've had to hear that same line from my 'boss.' 'I don't know what to do, I'll leave it to you!' Can you believe it?"

"By the way, I'm heading to Sargon, but I'm supposed to meet some important people in negotiations. Meet them for me."

"Uhh, we don't have enough money for all of that. Can you do something about it?"

Every. Single. Damn. Time.

My eyes fluttered open as a voice called out from the other side of the door, "Honey, are you awake? You're gonna be late for work."

"Ugh, yes, Mom. I'm already awake," I groaned. I reached for my phone and saw 42 messages from Valor, 3 missed calls, and a flood of work emails.

"Just another typical day," I sighed with resignation, "Why was I dreaming about this cursed work?!"

THUD

I put down my phone a little too hard, "Whatever, just couple more years and I can freely quit."

I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed and followed my usual morning routine—shower, breakfast, a bit of TV, and then I got dressed in formal wear for work.

I'm thinking pink tie with white stripes for today. Definitely helps me appear more feminine while wearing the usual black suit and coat.

"Have a great day at work, dear!" mom called out to me as I waved at her and got into the car.

"I should move out, shouldn't I? But I can't leave my mom all alone," I sighed as I got behind the steering wheel.

With a sigh, I brushed those thoughts aside as I started the car and drove away.

The LIBERICO office isn't that far away from my house. Just about a 20-minute drive and then you're there.

One of the things I absolutely despise about going to work is the fact that the first two floors of the office building is made to a casino. "Extra income" he said. Extra income my ass.

"Eyy! Boss lady!! On for a drink? It's on me!" oh here it comes. The all dazzling and bloody fucking annoying bartender of the casino bar.

"No, thank you very much Xi. And it's not on you, since you are the bartender, it will be on me." I stopped and walked behind the bar top, "Another thing, you should clean this up." I grabbed a bottle of alcohol, whatever it is, and casually did a bottle flip. Where it shatters into a thousand pieces once hitting the floor.

"NOOOO!!!!" Xi jumped on top of the counter and tried his best to repair the very clearly beyond repair bottle, "THAT WAS A VERY EXPENSIVE BRANDY!! IT'S OLDER THAN YOU!"