Kazimierz Showdown part 2

Author note: So i intended to upload this two or three days ago. but due to my proofreader unavailable, i have to switch to another one. which took some time.

and as always, read the notes at the end.

----------------------------------------
Mountains//0900 hours

It is still raining. And I am still stuck in this cave with the others. I was leaning on a wall by myself with some distance from the others.

Still recovering from the previous night's betrayal. I'm using my coat as a blanket, and my hat as a pillow, it ain't much. By the way, thanks to Fred, my clothes have holes in them now.

Getting bored, to be honest. Fred took my phone and almost all my weapons.

"So... What happened to you?" Grani looked at me. It's clear she's trying to break the ice between us.

"You see, I have a... slight disagreement with my friend." I tried to explain to her about me and Fred's complex relationship.

Grani blinked, "Ohh. Is he a Sankta? He did a number at your body." Referring to the bullet wound.

I forgot to mention. I didn't die, thankfully, because under the intense rain, and Fred's inexperience in shooting guns, he practically missed much of my vital organs.

Except for my spleen, apparently. I didn't even notice that.

Eh, what are the spleen good for anyways?

This isn't going to bite me later is it?

"Uhm," No not really, all Sanktas I've met are all assassins sent by the pope, "Sure, yeah. I mean, he's a unique individual." I shrugged.

With a nod, Grani hums and lays back to the cave wall beside me.

"So, you're from Iberia?" The... Guy in the big suit, Big Bob spoke up.

"That I am." I stretched. I heard Grani saying something among the lines of 'be careful there'.

"How is life there?" He asks, looking over to me. The village chief girl, Carol, looked at me too.

God, is this going to be a story time?!

"Well, I was raised in a small village in northern Iberia. It was a nice place, met friends, had a nice life." I smiled. It's nice that people ask about your home, and not some other bullshit.

"How come you ended up here? Did something happen? You look like a mercenary... Of some sorts." Big Bob states.

"Ahh, you see, I've grown up in a Church along with other homeless kids. I got away when I became an adult to earn money." And I became obsessed with money and earthly wealth, but I didn't say that out loud.

I admit I have strayed far from the path of God. And does that bother me? Not in the least.

"You grew up in a Church? Well, care to recite some words of God for us?" Big Bob said.

"Ahh, i kinda forgot. It's been years since I've read the bible." I rubbed the back of my head. That was a lie, of course. Years of drilling that have made me able to recall most passages, I'm just not in the mood right now.