Chapter 16

(Elize)

I just looked on as Abel limped down the road, blood streaming down the side of his face and two girls crawling out the car, behind him.

It was so amazing that I couldn't take my eyes away. Well, amazing because I was actually just blown away by the song, when I'd heard the one he'd sung at Coachella but I was just... well, let's say "blown" away.

I leaned back against a tree and looked on, because I loved it as it was.

"OK, let's cut it here. That's good. Take a break, Abel," the director called out.

Abel straightened up and turned around and I looked away at the house that was chosen for the last scene.

It was beautiful, I'd been inside.

I couldn't wait for this video to be released, sure that it would blow up.

"Hey Elize," I heard someone call and I turned to see if it was Abel because it didn't sound like him and it wasn't.

Rasheed James was standing there, grinning. I smiled back. "Hey Rash," I said as I walked towards him.

"What're you doing here?" He asked me.

"Watching the making of a video, you?"
"Ah, I live a couple houses down," he said. I nodded.

"You got taller," he noted.

"Excuse me, since you saw me last year, asshole?" I muttered and slapped his arm. "Basically," he said and winked.

I grinned back anyway. I'd met him when we'd broken up about a year and half ago.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back, because, well, I was genuinely happy to see him.

Was it possible that he'd gotten hotter? He was still as tall, still as buff, still with a clean shaved head looking like royalty.

I pulled away after a few moments.

"So, how're you doing these days?"

"Not too good," I told him. "How about you?"

"I'm the same old, you know," he said, with a wink.

Being a lawyer, he had those manipulative ways of talking and I hated him for that, initially.

"But what's wrong with you, babe? You were never the down type, right?"

"Um... my dad passed away," I murmured.

"Oh," he said, letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry, I hadn't heard."

"That's okay," I said, looking back up at him.

"Well, how's your mom doing?"

"She's... better than me."

"Well, it'll get better soon. Don't rush with this stuff," he said.

"Yeah, that's what A... most of people say too," I said, correcting myself.

"A...?" He said, raising his brows and giving me a dopey ass grin.

"Shut up," I muttered.

"Are you seeing someone?"

"Guess you could call it that, yeah," I told him.

"Is it serious?"

"Um... not sure yet, yeah," I told him, truthfully.

"Yeah, you're not all for the romance stuff anyway, right, girl?"