Chapter 2

~Abel~

I looked at her as she fed her number into my phone.

I smiled at myself. It had been a long time since... I'd done this. She gave my phone back to me. She smiled, nodded curtly and walked off. I saw her drive off and then realised that me liking her was terrible. If I liked her... It wouldn't be worth her pain.

I looked away and walked back towards my house that I had forgotten to get her to. I walked back to the bed that I didn't manage to get her into after one meeting. Simply, because I liked her. Screw the sentimental bullshit Abel.

I went through my name list to look for her number realising that she might have seen the 100 or so names there. I shook my head. It was under Cross because there was no Elize there.

I texted her.

Busy? Or can we talk?

- Is this Abel?

Yeah

- Well I'm free.

Cause it's Abel?? ;)

- No

Okay, well, what're you upto?

- Gonna go take a shower. How about you?

I'm just sitting here.

- Ah...

Well, hope I am not keeping you from your shower. Bye...

- Bye.

I didn't feel like this conversation was all that good. I was dumbing myself down in front of a smart girl.

~Elize~

I had managed to screw up the whole thing. I felt absolutely sick. I felt calmer with the hot water unknotting my rather jumbled and confused nerves, body and mind. I came out of the bathroom, dried myself off and changed into a pair of pink lace panties and a pink lace bra. I then climbed into bed and dimmed the lights, hoping to catch some sleep.

3:30AM

- You awake?

Yes, Felicity, you woke me up...

- Sorry not sorry. Anyways... Are you planning on talking to him again or what...?

No.

- but he's Abel Tesfaye

I didn't know that. Idiot.

- those superlatives are not required in said situation

Oh shut up. I'm not talking to him come hail or sunshine...

- whatever. Go to sleep girl.

Yeah. Goodnight.

I tossed my phone aside and lay down. I played with the threads of my sheets and then tossed and turned until 5. I got up and brushed my teeth. I then changed into a black tank top, loose grey sweat pants and black sneakers with a grey hoodie. I tucked my earphones into my ears and then ran out of the house. I had to go for a morning jog to clear my head.

8.03AM

I entered my house, far too exhausted. I quickly took a shower, changed into a pair of lavender lace panties and lace bra. I put on a lavender form fitting formal turtle neck with a black pencil skirt that ended just below my knee and a black jacket. I put on a pair of lavender closed toe platforms.

I took my laptop and other necessities and was out of the house by 9. I reached work at 9:30AM.

Homeward Bound:

I went to the nearest restaurant which was a Sushi place with my colleague Andrew. He told me about many the many things that I had missed out on when I wasn't here. It was mostly gossip. He was the cutest guy I had ever met. Plus,we kinda had an episode of promiscuity, so it was like we were friends with benefits. Almost.

He had asked me out and I had said no. But that didn't stop us from being together, like that.

Today wasn't about that. We both just wanted to eat out. I heard my phone ring. I pulled it out.

Abel calling...

Whaaaaaaa????

I excused myself as I got up and went outside. It had gone on voicemail already. "Pick up," he said. And I did.

"Hey," I said. "Hi. What's wrong?" "Nothing,Abel." "Well, look up. Fancy running into you everywhere.

I looked up and he was standing two feet away from me. I disconnected the call and in two sexy steps covered the distance between us. "So," he said winding his hands around my waist. "So...?" "Can you join me?" "Um... I'm out with a colleague. It would be rude," I managed to say. He smiled. "I understand. Can you excuse yourself?" I smiled. "Um... .Why don't I try?" He nodded and let go of me.

I went back inside. "Drew, I gotta go." "Is something wrong?" He said in a concerned tone. "Don't worry. Nothing's wrong. And don't mind either." "I won't. Take care," he said with a smile. He got up, hugged me and then I took jacket and purse and was out.

"Hey," I said to a brooding Abel. He looked at me and gave me short smile. We walked down the pavement which was my fav hobby in Toronto. A group of guys passed us, whistling and winking at me. I looked away and I felt Abel's arm protectively wrap itself around me. "Come in babe. Four are better than one," they screeched. I just calmed down.

At least I wasn't alone. And I had mace and a knife.

Suddenly, Abel took my hand and pulled me across the road. "Abel, don't get so hyper." "I don't want any woman hurt. I don't care who she is. So, yeah, I don't want you hurt." I nodded.he was serious.

"Plus, this is my building," he said with a grin. I smiled and looked away. "Where's you car?" "Didn't drive today," I said. "Okay, let me drop you," he said. "I can take a cab, you know." "Not safe," he said. I nodded. "I will be fine," I argued.

His hands took a grip of my waist and he bent down to kiss me.

12.32AM

He came up and kissed me again. I was already tired. He lay down next me and took me in his arms. He kissed my neck and shoulder and I leaned back.

3.43AM

What a mistake.

How'd I end up in his bed? I felt his face resting on my back. He wAs tireless and I was exhausted. But I couldn't sleep. I couldn't move. But I had to try. I peeled his hand of my waist gently and crawled out. I put my clothes back on, took my heels in my hand and then looked in the mirror to check if I had any wrong traces anywhere. I reached his door when I heard him. "Couldn't leave a note? Telling me how I didn't give you the night you wanted."

I turned around. "I was just going home cause I have to make it to office tomorrow. If I stay till the morning... I know I will want more." "It's healthy to want more," he said as he strolled in. He was in loose sweat pants.

I smiled. Couldn't tell him that I felt like I was just another fuck for him. He kissed me and pushed me back against the wall. I pushed him away. He leaned on the wall behind him. "You really gotta go..." "I do. See you," I said opening his door and strolling out.

I made my ways to the nearest taxi stand.

~Abel~

She was just too nice to say that it was just another fuck for her. Like the guy she had been talking to earlier that evening. Why was I feeling hurt? It is just another fuck for me... No, lie.

2.00AM

- If you aren't done eating yet, join me. I'm below your building.

Ok. I'll be there.

~Elize~

I waited for him and he came out within fifteen minutes. He was dressed in all black. I was wearing a pair of orange lace panties and an orange lace bra. My dress was form fitting formal orange dress with red spray paint designs. I was wearing a red jacket and red heels. "Hi," he said. I smiled. He kissed me and I wrapped my arms around him. Not caring about the future. That could take care of itself. I felt his hands winding themselves around me tightly.