Chapter 2

SOFIA

I feel nervous as I knock on the door at Cecilly Hall. I don't normally feel nervous, but I do now. I wonder how the other girls will react to me. Will they see me like a freak given the small tiara on my head? I try to take it down, Darrel shakes his head though.

"It's the protocol," he adds cold.

Damn the protocol. And damn him.

I nod understanding. And let the tiara on my head, which now feels heavier than anything.

After a few seconds, the door opens and before I find myself in a hug, I can see some intense red hair fly in the air. The redhead hugs me tight and as she lets go, I get to take a better look at her. She has brown eyes and a nice silhouette. She's wearing a white crop top and a pair of jeans. Her feet are covered by some small white socks. Her clothes are the opposite of my long gala dress. She seems comfy.

After she studies me in return, her mouth grows into a big smile.

"Hey there, Your Royal Highness. I'm Nini. Nina Elway. I'm your new roomie," she introduces herself. I also flash a smile at her. And not the put-up fake one I usually have on, but a real one.

"Please, call me Sofia. It's lovely to meet you."

"You too," she says and cheers a bit. "As Fierd said we'll get a princess in our room, I was like you have to be kidding me. There's no way a freaking princess would come here. And into our room. But here you are! And it's lovely to have you."

I smile at her. She nods happily. Then, she notices Darrel and sighs dramatically. I think I'm going to like her. "So, you're the one who'll keep on following us?"

Darrel nods. Nini does another dramatic gesture, rolling her eyes. I guess I found out who the drama major is.

"I'm her new roomie, Nini," she introduces herself to Darrel. "But you can call me Nina. Nini is only for my friends. Like Soph." She covers her mouth as she says the last word, as if she had just made a deadly mistake. Calling a princess a nickname. Very rude. I just realized that I'll like her for sure.

"Can I call you Soph?" she asks.

"Sure, I'd love it," I answer. She smiles bright. Then turns annoyed to Darrel.

"So, here's what we're going to do. I'm going to introduce Soph to everyone and you'll stay outside. You're invited for dinner. Our treat."

I can see how Darrel wants to comment. The redhead turns feisty. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Was that a yes?"

Darrel sighs annoyed. Nini puts a victory smirk on. I smile at her thankfully. She notices.

Before he leaves, Darrel turns to me again and says: "If anything happens, you can call me. I'm in the room next door. And no one can find out I left you alone. If you're bleeding, you can..."

"Call you," Nini finishes for him. She seems annoyed. "Dude, chill. I'm not going to murder her. She's far too pretty for it." She turns to me and winks. "You're gorgeous." I smile at her thankfully.

Darrel barely keeps a swear word inside and turns to leave to his room. Which really is next door. Like five freaking meters away. It makes my blood boil knowing that he's so close and I am still not free. Nini seems to feel what I'm thinking.

"He's giving you a hard time, isn't he?" she asks. 

I sigh and point to the tiara on my head. And add: "This is."

"Then take it off," she replies.

"If it only were that simple. I have to wear it when people are watching."