Chapter 25

ALEC

Her eyes are on me. The whole time as I kept reading, her eyes were on me. Now as well. I tried to act normal and don't show how nervous I'm feeling right now, but I can't. I know my chest is rising and sinking faster. I know that my every muscle is tensed. I know that I'm shivering hard and don't even know how the heck I am managing to speak straight.

She is leaning on me, when all of a sudden, she stands straight and does the weirdest thing ever. She goes with her hand through my hair. And ruffles it. I chuckle, although I'm still confused of what just happened and ask: "What was that for?"

"Sorry, I just wanted to do it for a while." she whispers, having a guilty face expression. "And with your new haircut, I can do it now."

I look at her amused and ask teasingly: "Are you honestly telling me I cut my hair so that you can ruffle it?!"

Her face turns even guiltier: "I mean...It's not me who decided to cut it. Did I wish you would cut it so that I can ruffle it? Yes. Did I tell you to do it? No." She swallows hard, still being afraid: "Do you regret it?"

I take her hand and go with it through my hair, in order for her to ruffle it again. "Never", I whisper, smirking. Foxy blushes. She looks adorable when she blushes.

That's when another thing I wouldn't have expected happens. She comes closer to my face, and with the spark in her eyes, I know what she wants to do. Kiss me. And I know what I want to do. Kiss her. Yet, I stop her.

"I don't think you really want this." I whisper. She freezes confused. It breaks my heart that I have to stop her, but it's for the best.

"Why not?" she asks, a bit disappointed. You're breaking my heart, Foxy.

"Because, once you kissed me, I can't have you kiss any other man. Thinking of your lips touching any other pair of lips except mine makes me want to kill the one you're kissing. If you kiss me now, I don't think I could ever stop. I want you to be mine, Foxy. Once our lips meet, you become mine."

She smirks and wraps her hand around my neck. In a few seconds, I can feel her lips on mine. It's the most passionate kiss I've ever had. It's wanting. Desired. This kiss is the end of life as I know it and the start of something new. From this point on, she's mine. No other man is touching her. She's far too precious. My love for her is far too big.

As she lets go, she comes closer to my ear and whispers: "I am yours." Those three words. Those three words make me lose control. I pull her even closer and kiss her again. I then wonder around her neck, kissing every spot I can. I only stop on her collarbone, where I also plant a big passionate kiss on her skin. She then lifts my head up with her fingers until I kiss her lips again.

I am still kissing her as she stops and freezes.

"What's wrong, Foxy?" I ask, seeing how her face expression changed. She's afraid.

"I want you to promise me something, Alec." she whispers. I am still holding her close to me, take a bit of distance however so that I can meet her eyes.

"Anything." I reply. She takes a deep breath and continues:

"I want you to promise me, you won't break my heart again."

I freeze as I hear what she said. It breaks my heart she even has to have these worries. Doubt me. But I know I deserve it. Yet, that was before. From now on, Foxy is my priority number one. I won't break her again.

"I promise, Foxy. You are my love. I won't break your heart again."

She nods thankfully and kisses me again. Even more passionate. I want to continue kissing her, yet she stops again, her face as worried as before.

"How are we going to do this, Alec?" she whispers afraid. "I can't date you. My family won't agree. The palace won't agree."

She's right. We weren't supposed to happen. She's the perfect princess. I'm the broken rich guy. Our love is dangerous.

"I don't know." I answer. "But I am not letting you go. Not again. Watching you leave was the biggest mistake of my life. I want you, Foxy."

I give her another kiss on her lips to make her understand. She wraps her hands around my neck again and pulls me closer.

"I want you too, Alec." she whispers in my ear. She kisses my neck, while thinking of what we can do. I give her kisses on the top of her head.

"No one will know about us. In public, we can be strangers. We won't kiss, won't hug and won't say I love you." I tell her. She takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"Will it work?" she asks worried. I nod, smiling at her reassuring.

"It has to." I reply. She nods and agrees. After I kiss her lips again, I meet her eyes and want to make one thing clear: "Just because I'll act like I don't know you, doesn't mean you're not the only one I want to know. When people will be watching, I'll act like you're the princess; but you need to know you'll always be my queen."

Foxy shivers and gives me another kiss.

"I love you, you asshole." she adds. I have to smirk.

"I love you too, Foxy."

And as her lips meet mine again, I can feel it in every cell that I meant what I've just said.