Chapter 53

SOFIA

Two weeks later

It's been two weeks ever since my world collapsed and I can't say I have done any improvement in the fourteen days I've had to work on my mental state. My daily routine still looks the same as the one from a few days ago. Wake up, cry, eat, cry some more, try to get some sleep yet I have nightmares and can't close my eyes, cry again til my eyes are closed, fall asleep. I can say I am rather unproductive lately.

Nini worries for me a lot. She's texting me every day to check on me. She's also sending me movie recommendations and motivational quotes, just to keep my mind off everything. My parents worry for me too. Father keeps on handing me books I should read to fill my time with. My Mother already took me on two trips so far, to help me get away. We've been at the lake once for a hike and visited Broix another time, to see her art gallery. None of the trips actually helped. If the hike made me feel a bit better, everything was destroyed the moment I entered the art gallery. And saw the exhibition of romance paintings.

You're not just a painting, Foxy. You're pure poetry. Perfect in every verse. I love every single thing about you. Every word you say. I love you, Foxy. Can you please not let go?

I let go.

I am in my room now. With a paintbrush in my hand, staring at an empty canvas. I let the music take me away as I'm gently swinging my hand, making movements and adding color on the empty canvas.

Are you up for it? You'll pretty much be my canvas.

I have absolutely zero problem with that, Foxy.

Tears roll down my face and I lose control. I can't feel the paintbrush in my hand anymore, can't keep track of the lines and shapes I'm drawing... Everything seems swollen from the water pouring down my eyes.

As I get a clear view of the painting again, I start screaming. The artwork represents a flower. A dead flower.

I throw the paintbrush across the room and yell. I don't know what I'm yelling, who I'm yelling for or when will the pain ever end.

All I know is that after a few minutes, Mother enters the room panicked followed by Darrel. As they see my state and the painting, they put two and two together.

"Oh, sweetheart," Mother whispers sad, coming closer to have me in a hug. I sink my face in her chest and keep crying.

I want to go to sleep.

And have him close in my dreams.

And I don't want to wake up.