Chapter 44

ALEC

Foxy hasn't stopped smiling ever since we arrived in Paris. And I would lie if I would say that I don't like it. Because no matter how beautiful my girlfriend is, there's nothing that can compare to her smiling. When she smiles, it's like the whole world stops to watch. Time slows down. Her eyes sparkle brighter than the stars. And everyone freezes. Foxy's smile is my new addiction. And I don't want to find a cure.

In order to make this trip even more exciting for her, I assured us tickets to a place I'm sure she'll love. One of the most amazing art collections in the world. The Louvre.

I've talked to the museum owner a few days ago when I planned this trip. Darrel, who has helped me organize everything, also looked over the museum plans and agreed to our visit. Which means, everything is safe, Foxy is safe and she can just enjoy her time here.

We're walking hand in hand through the museum and Foxy stops to take another picture. She meanwhile found a new model. Me. Her gallery is half full by now with pictures of me. I only smile in the selfies she's kissing me or squinting her lips to my cheek. Because I'm only smiling for her.

We can see people taking pictures of us in the museum. Some even stopped to ask Foxy for her autograph. Because, to be honest, she's not just a princess anymore. Many consider her a fashion icon. And, as someone who's damn lucky enough to see her daily, they have every right to call her like that. Foxy is a fashion icon. Even on our dates people would stop and stare at her to admire her beauty. I repay the male people staring with a death stare. Because Foxy is mine.

We're looking at the painting of Napoleon's coronation and I can't help but notice her flinch.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I ask, hugging her from behind and planting a kiss on my favorite spot on her neck.

She laughs a dry laugh and lies: "Nothing is wrong."

"I know you, Foxy. Tell me what's wrong. Your pain is my pain, remember?" I insist. She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"I can't help but wonder what will become of me." She whispers. I flinch, not knowing what she means. She understands and continues: "I mean, Karl already has his future all planned out. He'll go on and be king of Cordelia. I was never interested in being queen, but I can't help but fear the fact I'll spend my entire life cutting ribbons and smiling for the cameras."

She sighs and adds: "I want something that's mine. I want to do something that I love."

I nod and kiss her, to show her I'm there for her: "You'll do it, Foxy. You'll accomplish the world and more. And I want you to know that whatever you'll do, I'll be right there to support you. Forever."

She smiles and turns around to hug me. She lifts herself up on her toes and kisses me. I pull her closer and kiss her back, with the same passion.

As she lets go, I take her hand and lead her away from that painting and to another one. And not just any other one. The Mona Lisa. Although we could have just skipped the line given the fact she's royalty and I'm famous, Foxy insisted to wait in line like everyone else, much to everybody's surprise. I can't say I didn't have had a hunch she might do that. Foxy likes doing stuff her way. Not the way people tell it to her.

We're standing in line, kissing and whispering each other love declarations, as a voice interrupts us.

"Is it true you're a princess?"

We stop and look around, looking for the owner of the voice. Before us stands a probably seven-years old girl, her hair in two ponytails and wearing a dress. Her mother is behind her, looking embarrassed. "I'm so sorry, Your Royal Highness and Mister Dunn. I told Cara you were a princess and she couldn't help it."

Her mother wants to take the girl away, yet Foxy makes a sign to her that it's alright and bends down to meet her in the eyes. I can see how the whole queue goes silent and everyone starts filming. I try to protect Foxy, yet she also makes me a sign she's okay and focuses on the girl.

"I am, sweetie." She whispers, making the girl smile. My girlfriend continues: "Yet so are you. Look at what a beautiful princess you are. Gorgeous."

Foxy pretends to do a small curtsy with her head, which has the girl chuckling. I look proud at my girlfriend.

That's my girl.

"Shouldn't princesses wear a tiara?" The girl continues asking. It surprises me she has to ask that, yet, thinking about it, I've never actually seen Foxy with a tiara on her head. Just in pictures. Never at school or when we are together.

"Not this princess." Foxy answers with a mischievous grin on. The girl laughs and her stare wonders off to me. I'm afraid of what might happen.

"Is he your prince?" She asks and I freeze. Foxy turns around to look at me and smiles the moment our eyes meet. I smile at her in return.

"Yes, he's my prince. And I'm the luckiest to have him." Foxy replies, making my heart melt. It doesn't take long before she asks the girl: "Do you want to meet him?"

The girl nods happily and Foxy makes me a sign to come. I follow her command and come bend down next to her. I can see the way the girl's mother looks at the scene with tears in her eyes.

"Hey there, Cara." I say, remembering the girl's name. I reach out my hand, which she quickly takes and shakes. I chuckle and add: "I'm Alec. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine." The girl replies smiling. She then turns to her mother and comes back with a small drawing.

"For you," she says, handing the drawing to Foxy. "I made it earlier."

Foxy smiles at the drawing, although it only consists of two stickmen and a circle, probably meant to be the sun. My face remains serious, yet I try to show some sign of warmth in my eyes. I hope I didn't fail.

"It's lovely, Cara." My girlfriend lies sounding so convinced, you could say she's just seen the Mona Lisa itself. "Really. Thank you so much."

The girl smiles and comes closer to Foxy to hug her. Her mother flinches scared of her girl touching a royal. I also tense, ready to protect my girlfriend. Darrel comes closer, almost wanting to push the girl aside. With a small movement of her head, Foxy shows us none of it is necessary and she takes the girl in her arms. The crowd does an "Oh" and I can already see this video going viral tomorrow.

As they let go and Foxy stands up again, we already reached the end of the line. We say goodbye to the family and after taking some pictures with the painting, we continue our tour.

"I'm so in love with you, sweetheart." I whisper to her as we're walking. "I'm so in love, I don't know if I could ever love anyone else."

Foxy chuckles and kisses me: "Well, that's kinda the point, babe. It's me and you forever."

I suddenly stop and she follows. Foxy turns to look surprised at me and I pull her closer to me in a hug. I lean down and kiss the top of her head, to show her I meant every word I've just said. Foxy wraps her arms around me and kisses me back.

"Forever." I whisper between kisses, making her giggle.

Yet she has to know I'm not joking.