Chapter 45

ALEC

"Babe, I can see Arc the Triomphe from here. Look, babe, look!" Foxy shouts leaning a bit too much on the railing. I quickly rush over, so does Darrel, and we pull her back to safety. She chuckles and I hug her from behind. Foxy has been fascinated with the view ever since we arrived here. She's always dreamt of visiting the Eiffel Tower, and this is what we're doing now.

"Babe, look at the lights." She continues, with the same excitement. After doing a bit of research on the net, I found out the best time to visit the tower is at sunset, when you get to see the light and then the night view. Right now, it's already dark and the city filled itself with lights. It's beautiful. Just like my date.

Foxy now stares at me with her eyes wide opened, waiting for me to say something. I was so lost admiring her, that I completely forgot what she said. She notices and chuckles.

"Alec? The lights?"

I nod as if it were obvious and she giggles. It sounds so sweet I reward her with a kiss on her neck.

"They're beautiful. They really are. Yet they don't shine as bright as you." I reply.

Foxy smiles and says: "Ha! Told you you are the biggest sweet-talker."

"Only for you, sweetheart." I whisper in her ear. This time, she rewards me with a kiss.

We spend another half an hour looking at Paris from above the clouds. Foxy's eyes light up every time she sees something she likes. Mine only light up when I see her.

As we're down and inside my car, Foxy bends over to the driver and whispers something in his ear. Mr. Burboile looks shocked and whispers something to Darrel. Darrel looks questioning at Foxy, who only nods happily. In return, Darrel looks again to the driver and nods. I have no idea what is going on.

"What are you up to?" I ask her, yet she already has that mischievous grin on.

"You'll see." she answers.

The driver changes direction and except for heading towards my hotel where we'll spend the night, we go somewhere else. More exactly, we stop the car on one of Montmartre's streets. Foxy steps out and takes me by my wrist, leading me outside. Mr. Burboile stays inside to keep the car ready, only Darrel follows us.

Foxy takes me to an empty street and takes out her phone. She starts a song from her playlist, a song I've heard her sing before. I guess it's Here With Me.

I meanwhile understand what she's up to. I place my hand on her waist, which by now became my favorite place to rest my hand, and start waltzing with her. She smiles and places her head on my shoulder, gently moving to the music with me.

"This beats a ballroom dance for sure." She whispers to me and I kiss her forehead.

"You think? I don't know what to say. My dancing skills are worse than the ones a prince or duke might have."

Foxy chuckles and I spin her into a pirouette.

"No, your dancing skills are really good." She whispers, rewarding me with a kiss. I pull her closer and we continue dancing cheek-to-cheek.

"I don't want this day to end, Alec." She whispers to me, making sure I'm the only one to hear. I smile at her and reply:

"Me neither, Foxy. Me neither."

As the song ends and another one starts playing, the music is already fading in the background. All I can hear is Foxy whispering how much she loves me. That's all I will ever want to hear.