33

On the next day, I was woken up by Mirabel, Dolores, Louisa and Isabella.
''Wake up tía, we have a surprise for you downstaires.'', Mirabel said.

I looked next to me in the bed and saw a half asleep Bruno. He was snoring a little bit and his hair was in his face. I smiled at him.

''Tía? Is everything okay?", they asked.
''Yes, I'm just a little bit tired.'', I said.
They waited for me until I was ready.
Isabella took my hand and led me downstaires.

There were many decorations and flowers just for me.
''Aw, thank you so much. What is that for?", I asked them.
"Well, you were always there for us. For our whole entire lives and we thought we could do something good for you so we thought maybe you would like a girls day just with us and maybe Julieta and my mama.'', Dolores said.
''Yes, that would be great. Thank you so much.'', I said and hugged them.
''We have to organise some things. You can wait upstaires in tío Bruno's room and we will meet you when we are ready.", Louisa said.

I walked upstaires and got back into the bed.
''Guess what?", I told Bruno.
''What? What happend?", he asked.
''Louisa, Mirabel, Isabella and Dolores have planned a girls day for me to say thank you for everything I've done for them. Isn't that sweet?", I said.
''Yes, but why wouldn't they? You are the nicest, smartest, most beautiful woman I've ever seen. You deserve nothing less. You deserve the world, mi vída.", he said and gave me a kiss.
''Thank you.", I said.

We laid in bed until we heard a knocking at our door.
"Yes?", I said.
"We are ready.", Dolores said as she opened the door.

I stood up, gave Bruno a goodbye kiss and walked out of the room. Bruno wanted to talk to Louisa for a moment so we had to wait for her. She got out pretty quickly. So we got out of the casita. We had snacks and drinks and many other things with us.
''Where are we going?'', I asked.
''You will see.'', Pepa said.

We walked away from the village and got to a river. It was beatiful. It was the same spot where Bruno showed himself for the first time again to his mother, where me, Bruno, Mirabel and Alma had to ride on those horses back to the casita.

The water of the river was clear and there were many flowers.
''Do you like it?", Julieta asked me.
''I love it.'', I said.
They laid things on the ground so we could have a picknick.

They made a cake for me. It looked so good and was also so pretty. It had butterflies and flowers on it.
''We made that for you.'', Mirabel said.
I almost started crying.
''Tía? Why are you crying?", they asked me.
''I'm just very happy. That's all.'', I said.

That day was beautiful. We had alot off fun. We were eating the delicious food and talking to eachother and just relax for a bit.
We also jumped into the lake because it was so hot.
It was just a great day.

When we were walking home it was already getting dark outside. Louisa came up to me.
"Hi Louisa. Is everything okay?", I said.
''Yes, I just wanted to give you something.'', she said and handed me a piece of paper.
''Earlier, when we were going on this trip, tío wanted to talk to me. Do you remember?", she asked. I nodded.
''So, he asked me if I could give you this note so... here.'', she said, gave me the paper and walked away.

I stopped walking for a moment so I could look at that note. It said:

My love

Meet me at our hidden place in the woods. I have something just for you.

Your soon to be husband,

Bruno

I started smiling. While the others were walking to the casita I walked towards the woods.
When I was there, there were lid up candles and roses everywhere. And there was a table just for us. And next to the table was Bruno in a suit.

''Hello mi vída, I hope you had a wonderful day and that I will make a happy ending for the rest of your day.'', he said.
''Oh, yes. I think you will.'', I said and kissed him.

That was so cute of him. I sat down at the table. There was pasta with tomato sauce.
''Have you cooked this?", I asked him.
''Well, I tried. I hope it tastes good.", he said as I was taking a bite.
"Mh, this tastes very good.'', I said.
''Thank you.'', he said.

We ate the rest of the food and I told him about my day. He was just listening. After we blew out all the candles we walked back home.

''It was truly wonderful today. I'm just so happy right now.'', I said and hugged him. He hugged me back and started strocking my head.
''Thank you for everything.'', I said.
''No problem, mi vída.'', he said as we walked into the casita.