Day 13: Dates & Dimples

L a n e :

I woke up to the sound of Dawn snoring lightly and I couldn't help but smile.

My arm was numb from her body laying on it all night but it didn't matter. I couldn't feel my arm, but I could feel her warm body pressed against mine.

I slowly pulled my arm out from under her, trying not to wake her up as I rolled her over.

I grabbed Emily and took him to the bathroom with me to clean the both of us up. As I walked to the bathroom I smiled at the 100% on the back of his neck and remembered the numerous 'I love you's from the previous night.

I took off Emily's clothes and placed him in the small bucket, letting warm water run into it as I washed my face.

"Turn that water off!" Dawn's voice was groggy as she shouted at me.

"You should be getting up anyway." I called, wiping my face with a towel as I went over to clean Emily.

She groaned. "Five more...minutes..."

I rolled my eyes, not saying anything as I dried off Emily and took him back to the bedroom, placing him on the bed. "Can you dress him up?" I asked. "I'm gonna go take a shower."

Dawn smiled, a half-asleep, dazed smile with her eyes still closed as she chuckled to herself.

"What?" I asked, a smile of anticipation forming on my lips as well.

She opened her eyes, looking up at me. "I should join you, we can save water."

My jaw dropped. "Dawn," I said, "Don't play games with me."

She sat up, rubbing her eyes as she yawned. "I need to shower anyway, so we might as well..."

I didn't say anything, I just looked at her, wide eyed in disbelief.

She got out of bed and smiled at me with that beautiful smile where the right side of her mouth turns upwards and she looks so seductive. She sauntered over to the bathroom, swaying her hips more than she usually did and I knew that she knew exactly what she was doing to me. When she was in the doorway, she turned so that her back was facing me and she took off the large shirt she was wearing to sleep leaving her in nothing but a small pair of panties that did not cover all they promised to.

She entered the bathroom, disappearing from my view.

"You coming?" She called, turning on the shower.

My legs seemed to register what my brain could not and I found myself running to the bathroom, almost tripping on the way there.

                           *     -     *     -     *

"Hey Dawn, do you want to go on a lunch date?"

She put down the papers she was reading. "A lunch date?"

I nodded, holding up my phone. "Janey just invited us to come out with her and Colton, you want to?"

She smiled. "Yeah, where do they want to go?"

"She said that Colton found this nice Italian place...La Rosetta? I don't know but I'll eat pretty much anything right now."

She rolled her eyes. "That's because your stomach is a bottomless pit."

"Oh please, you can eat just as much as me if not more."

"Yes, but I know how to regulate myself."