Prize Scene: Nighttime & Nostalgia

Freshman Orientation (the spin-off based on Israel's story) has been posted, so go check that out!

Also I think it'd be really cool to do a character ask on this chapter and then I'll post another update after this answering all the questions  from their POVs [if people actually ask stuff lmao PLEASE DO]. You can ask questions to:

Dawn

Lane

Daryll

Mr. Jameson

Janey

Colton

Mr. & Mrs. Caparelli

Damien

& Zee (me)

I'll answer them as if it were the characters themselves so just ask whatever you would ask the person if you were face to face with them. Put your questions in the comments and I'll see them, but if nobody asks stuff then lets just all pretend this never happened lmao i don't wanna make a fool of myself

                          *     -     *     -     *

For her prize scene, SydneyForEver decided to have me write Dawn & Lane's prom, so here goes nothing...

(In the comments below leave what scenes each of you would have chosen, I'm just curious)

-

"Saffiya your mother and I are going out tonight, are you sure you don't wanna invite somebody over? You might get bored."

I shook my head, holding up the remote for my dad to see. "It's okay Papá I'll just stay in and watch tv, I'll be fine."

He gave me an apologetic look. "Are you sure? Maybe you should go out and join Daryll tonight, hang out with him and his friends. It's the night of your prom, I don't like seeing you all alone like this watching the television in sweatpants."

"Papá. It's OK, trust me I'm not even that into prom anyway, I'm not missing much so you and Ommy just go have fun on your date and don't worry about me. This is my ideal night, food, tv and relaxation, the only thing that could possibly make it better would be Israel being here."

He smiled at me and gave my shoulder a firm squeeze. "You'll see him soon, don't worry."

I nodded. "I know." I said, even though I didn't believe it. It had been weeks since I last saw him and I wasn't sure when we were going to be able to take the trip down to my Aunt Mouna's house to see him next. My parents were always so busy, both working double jobs and barely making enough money for us to keep the house, much less to buy expensive train tickets to travel across the country.

Today was the first night that they'd both had free in a while and they had planned weeks ahead to go out on a date and have a nice night, I didn't feel right taking it away from them.

"Alé, are you ready?" Ommy called from upstairs, we could hear her heels clicking on the wooden floor and I immediately jumped up from the couch, running to the hallway as Papá straightened his tie.

When I saw her, a grin spread across my face as I clasped my hands together, "Ooh Ommy you look hot!" I said, making her laugh and roll her eyes. She was in a long black dress that had some silver sequins going down the left side ending just below her hip. The dress was thin and sleek, hugging her hips but loose at her legs and I could hear the audible gasp from my dad as he saw her.