My Talented Girlfriend

*Hyejin's P.O.V*

We all bowed and made our way backstage to change

We all bowed and made our way backstage to change. I collapsed onto the floor exhausted from tonight. I lay there gaining laughs from my cast mates.

"God... I can't believe we have to continue doing this all week... I don't think I'll survive," I said groaning a bit.

"But you were amazing out there beautiful," a deep voice said.

I sat up and saw Haruto standing there with flowers, I smiled and quickly got off the floor and jumped into his arms.

He hugged me tightly and giggled at my change in energy. He grabbed my hand and led me out to all the boys that were still in their seats.

I noticed the other groups and slightly bowed in embarrassment.

"YAHHHH! Hyejinnie!" The boys yelled making the other groups laugh a bit.

I carefully walked down the stage as Haruto held my hand and made sure I got down carefully.

"Good job out there Noona!" Junghwan said patting my head.

"Thank you guys, I'm so tired though. I really want some tea and honey right now," I said leaning against the stage.

"Go get changed and we can head home okay?" Jihoon said.

I nodded and ran backstage to get changed so I could go home when I was stopped by BangChan.

"Good job out there Hyejin. Make sure you get some tea and honey, as well as rest your throat," he said.

I smiled and nodded, "That's what I was planning to do, Thank you sunbaenim," I said bowing and bowing to those who came were starting to leave.

I quickly ran backstage and changed into comfy clothes. 

*Time Skip*

We all arrived at our corresponding dorms with Haruto staying over with me instead. The two of us were laying on my bed in silence as we scrolled through our phones.

"Hyejin... Have I ever told you how beautiful and talented you are?" Haruto spoke up.

"ahh, the beautiful part, yes many times, talented... I don't know," I replied looking over at him.

"Well, you are so talented, love. You did so well tonight, I couldn't believe that I was actually dating you. Your voice is so beautiful and your stage presence was amazing."

"Thank you Ruto, it means so much to me. Doing this has really kept my mind distracted, I'm glad I took the offer because while being in the K-Pop industry was my dream, I always go to musicals to help distract myself from my problem and the negatives that come from the industry."

"You're welcome love, I'm just glad you are doing so much better. While I wish you weren't working as much through this production," he said playing with my hair.

"This week is my only week, I am planning to release a solo album again, and I am starting to feel okay to start doing group work again. I have been talking to my therapist and he thinks the same," I said looking over at him.

Haruto and I looked at each other for a few minutes until I spoke up again. "Haruto, do you know how handsome you are?" I asked as I smiled, playing with his hand.

"Yes, because just like me with telling you how beautiful are, you do the same," he chuckled.

"Well, you are! So handsome!" I giggled.

"I love you Hyejin, I'm still scared to lose you, but I'm hoping that instead of keeping things to yourself that you will be telling someone whether it is your therapist or one of us. Just... please don't keep it in," he said softly.

"I won't Ruto," I replied as I placed a hand on his face.

"Promise?"

"I promise Ruto."

We cuddled for a while until I drifted off to sleep.

*Haruto's P.O.V*

I heard soft snores, I looked down and saw that Hyejin was asleep, I carefully moved and covered her up with the blankets and walked out into the living room where Jihoon and the boys were.

A lot of them decided to spend a lot more time here just as a precaution.

"How is she doing?" Asahi asked.

"She's doing better, I'm just still so scared. I know she says she is doing better and promises that she will go to someone when she is having a hard time, but I still can't help but worry."

"Haruto, that's normal. You are just looking out for her, you love her so much. It is understandable that you feel that way, but you are just going to have to trust her that she is speaking the truth," Jihoon said.

"Jihoon's right. I mean relationship is built on trust Haruto, you are going to have to trust what she is saying even if you are worried that she is going to spiral. She has depression, she always has the chance of spiraling after so long of being ok," Hyunsuk said.

I nodded and looked back toward her bedroom, "I know... It's just hard to not feel scared," I said.

"How do you think she feels?" Junkyu asked.

I didn't have a response, that was when we heard a noise from her room. We all looked and saw her standing there.

She walks out and joins the 10 of us.

"H-How do you feel?" I asked.

"Every day I try and enjoy my surroundings but I just feel like I'm drowning. Everyone is having fun and laughing while I submerge deeper as my lungs fill with water. It's a subtle change at first so it's not really alarming, but I slowly noticed my surroundings having a different tone like the shadows of the night looking more somber. There are moments during work when panic and anxiety overtook me. You don't want to live, but you don't want to die. You don't want to talk to anyone but you feel very lonely. Not wanting to do anything. Not wanting to be anything. Not wanting to be at all. I just want to have never existed," she said slowly.

I felt my heart break at her words. I pulled her into a tight hug as I started to cry, I felt her arms wrap around me tightly.

"I promised you I would tell you, guys, when I am not okay. I wouldn't lie to you guys like that, I never go back on my word. So when I promise something, I keep it."

Words: 1041