Chapter 7 |kodanthai Jodithar|

Astrologer

"How's my son's luck Jodithare?" Vanavan Madevi asked with a worried look washed over her face. Sembiyan Madevi sat beside Vanavan with her hands on her shoulders. Kundavai looked at the Jodithar who was counting the peral white sozhis.

Kodanthai Jodithar was a well reputed astrologer. Nothing good or bad, was done without consulting him first.

The room was dark, the only source of light was from an oil lamp, which dimly lit the room, the Jodithar rolled the sozhis on the table once again.

Vanavan got more and more anxious as the Jodithar stayed silent. Watching her mother get anxious Arulmozhi started to worry a bit too.

"Akka why is this old man taking so long?" He huffed.

"Shh," Kundavai shushed him. "He'll hear us," she whispered. Arulmozhi rolled his eyes and folded his tiny arms.

"Jodithare, please don't hide anything from us," Vanavan pleaded with the man. The Jodithar finally opened his eyes calmly.

"There is no need to worry, My Queen, nothing will happen to our Chozha empire's prince," The Jodithar started. Vanavan Madevi let out a sigh of relief.

"He'll bring fame and prosperity to the Chozhan empire like his ancestors,"

"Good," Sembiyan Madevi smiled at Vanavan.

"But there is one hindrance though," The Jodithar shuffled his hands. The frown reappeared on the queen's face.

"What is it?" Sembiyan Madevi asked.

"A girl," He said rolling the sozhis in his hand. Kundavai's eyes widened. She knew exactly who he was talking about. "A girl who would stir up a storm in his life," He said.

Vanavan and Sembiyan Madevi exchanged confused looks, curious on who this girl would be.

Arulmozhi looked at Kundavai with a knowing look, Kundavai put a finger on her lips gesturing him to keep quiet.

"Nandini Akka?," Arulmozhi mouthed, for which Kundavai nodded slowly as she turned towards the Jodithar.

"A girl?" Sembiyan Madevi broke the silence. The Jodithar nodded. "Are you sure?" She asked again to confirm.

"Amma, I'm telling you what my sozhis are telling me," the Jodithar said rearranging the sozhis. "Why would I lie?"

Vanavan Madevi nodded sadly. She didn't even know who her son's seeing. They took their leave and exited the Jodithar's hut.

Kundavai and Arulmozhi walked together silently behind their mother who was talking to the periya pirrati about that mysterious girl.

"I don't know about this girl," Sembiyan said. "He usually says everything to me," She frowned.

Kundavai raised her eyebrows and Arulmozhi suppressed a giggle.

If only they knew the things he hid from them. They both thought. Vanavan looked behind her to check if the kids were following her, she gave Arulmozhi and Kundavai a look of suspicion as she saw them giggle.

"Do you anything about a girl? Something related to your brother? He usually talks with you guys a lot," Vanavan asked.

"Haa---" Arulmozhi started to nod but Kundavai shook her head, Arulmozhi also changed his nod to a shake. "No, Amma," He said.

"Kundavai, you?" Sembiyan asked her looking straight into her eyes.

"N-No," Kundavai stuttered unable to lie to the Periya Pirrati.