Chapter 14|Star gazing|

The moon rose, The symbol of love illuminated the landscape with its heavenly glow. The trees ruffled their leaves, and the cool air brushed Nandini and Adithan's hairs.

Hundreds of stars were scattered across the thick black sky, the white dots shone brightly against the black backdrop.

Nandini and Adithan laid down near the river bank, star gazing. Well Nandini was, Karikalan was 'Nandini-gazing'. Her face shined brighter than the stars.

Nandini turned her head towards Adithan who was looking at her like a child looking at some sweets. He smiled lightly as she locked eyes with him.

"I thought we were star gazing," Nandini chuckled. Her face burned brighter when she chuckled.

"Are you just going to stare at me the whole night?" She asked. Adithan let out a laugh.

"I am star gazing, Nandini," Adithan said surpassing a laugh. "I'm looking at a star which belongs to me, and only me," Adithan had claimed her.

Nandini blushed at Adithan's compliments. "Your compliments are getting wilder day by day, Karikalare," Nandini giggled. "I don't think I'm prettier than a star," She scoffed.

Adithan shook his head. "To me, you are," Adithan turned her face towards him. "You're even prettier than the moon and Sun combined," Adithan said snaking his arms on hers. Nandini turned red.

Goosebumps shot through Nandini's spine as Adithan caged her in his hands. Nandini's world slowed down at the moment.

"Shall we go somewhere?" Adithan whispered curling her hair in his hands.

"Where?" Nandini asked. Her eyes fluttered as Adithan's breath hit her neck. Adithan moved closer to her and whispered in her ears.

"To some faraway land," Adithan said dreamily. "Just you and me," Adithan smirked.

"Why this sudden change of mind, Karikalare?" Nandini asked.

Adithan shrugged. "It's just that no one here would let us live peacefully," Adithan said clearly referring to Kundavai. "All I want to do in my life is to be with you now, Nandini, to do laundry and do taxes," Adithan joked.

"What will we do for a living, Karikalare?" Nandini asked. Karikalan bit his lips and smiled.

"I will do some work, I will chop wood, I can fish too, but I would never let you work a day in your life, Nandini," Adithan promised.

"Stop joking around, Karikalare," She punched his chest lightly, trying to put some space between them, but Adithan pulled her back, they were even closer than before. Their hands intertwined, their hairs brushed each other's face and their breath hit each other like waves of water.

"I'm serious, Nandini," Adithan didn't have the same smile as before. She arched her eyebrows in confusion.

Nandini thought Adithan was joking around about running away, but the tone in his voice proved otherwise.

Nandini turned away from Karikalan and sighed.

"What?" Adithan asked peeping his head through her shoulders.

Nandini shook her head. "Why Karikalare? Then your dear sister will blame me for 'manipulating' you into running away,"

Adithan let out a laugh. "She would do that," He agreed with her.

"Then she'll tell that I'm conspiring against the empire by resisting you to become the Prince," Nandini added. "Why should I bear all these good names, Karikalare?" Nandini asked sarcastically.

"Right," Adithan said a bit disappointed. Nandini was right though. Kundavai would blame Nandini straight away if something bad happens in his life.

Nandini rested her hands on Adithan's chest and smiled at him.

An enchanting smile that was. A smile that could deceive even the greatest of the greatest warriors. A smile that made Adithan love-sick.

A smile that was powerful enough to destroy an empire.

"You should marry me in front of the whole of Chozha Desam," Nandini said in a low tone. "In front of your parents and siblings, they should accept us and bless us with all their heart, Karikalare," She said firmly. Adithan looked at Nandini, mesmerized by her voice.

He pulled her closer to him. Adithan held Nandini's arm and pressed it harder against his chest. "I promise on my heart Nandini, That will happen,"

Nandini smiled at Adithan and rested her head on his shoulders.

Adithan however couldn't rest. He was worried about how he was going to fulfill all the promises he was making to Nandini. But the promises made Nandini feel happy and satisfied, that's what mattered to him.

He will fulfill his promises one way or another. At least that's what Adithan thought.

"I love you," Adithan whispered into Nandini's ears. "I know," came the reply. Adithan snuggled closer to Nandini, this time they ignored the stars, the only thing which mattered to them now was their ever-growing love. They were lost in each other's eyes.

Silence.

A/N

Bit of a short chapter since I wanted this chapter to have only Ak and Nandini. Hope y'all are having a great day!