Chapter 32 |Bloodlust|

Adithan and his men tore through the enemy army's formation like it was butter, Heads rolled, blood was spilled, and throats were slit, but Adithan's anger didn't seize, it only grew tenfold with each and every war he had won. 

Nandini. Adithan's sword pierced through the chest of his enemies. But everywhere he went, Nandini's illusion distracted him, sometimes when he's roaming alone in the woods, or sometimes in the middle of a waging war. Adithan's sanity was hanging down to a thread, just like his will to live.

With every empire he captured, Adithan would roam around the district with Parthibendran, hoping that Nandini would be there. But after two years of futile searching, Adithan was on the brink of giving up. 

"Ilavarese, if you told me who you're searching for I would even travel the seven seas to bring her to you," Parthibendran frowned at Adithan's antics.

"I lost her, Only I can find her," Adithan would say, tears choking his throat. Seeing the Prince drinking his mind out during the day and screaming his throat out at night, begging for someone to come back worried him for the first few months. 

What scared Pallavan the most was his anger on the battlefield. What Adithan displayed was not war rage, it was personal vengeance, he was taking out his anger on his enemies, the anger he had on Sembiyan Madevi and anyone who had a part in separating him from Nandini. The playful nature Adithan sported on the battlefield died, the sparkle in his eyes while fighting had vanished, and all Pallavan could see in those pitch-black eyes of Adithan was pain, heartbreak, and pure rage.

He was no longer fighting for his empire but for himself. He used these wars as excuses to not return back to Thanjai.

"VETRI VEL!" Adithan shouted. "VEERA VEL!" came the thunderous reply from his men.

His anger terrified his enemies, they scattered and ran off the battlefield as they saw the prince who had bathed more in blood than water. 

*****

Adithan walked through the ruins of a castle he recently captured. 

"Another day, another war won," Parthibendran said, following Adithan through the stone passages of the castle. Adithan simply shrugged it off, as if he was used it to. "So...uh," Parthibendran rubbed the back of his neck. 

"What Pallava?" Adithan asked as he washed the blood off his face and hands from the water fountain nearby.

"Well, We can go back to Thanjai right?" Pallavan asked, a little scared of how the Prince would react. 

Adithan bit the insides of his mouth and tilted his head towards Pallavan. "No," Adithan said simply.

"I--We have been waging wars for over a year now, Aditha, the soldiers are tired," Pallavan said.

Adithan shook his head and started walking toward the brewery, "Whoever is getting tired can go home, I'm not keeping them as hostages," 

"We have captured most of the southern territory, Aditha, what more do you want?" Pallavan asked, running behind Adithan. 

They entered the brewery, where the Chozha soldiers were celebrating their victory, everyone got up and cheered for the Prince as he entered the room. Adithan smiled at them and held out his hands, gesturing for them to sit down and continued.

"When the 'most' becomes 'all', "Adithan smirked as he picked up a bottle of the bitter-sweet liquid.

"Don't lie," Pallvan said holding Adithan's hands which were gripping the glass. Adithan raised a brow. "Sorry," Pallavan loosened his grip.