Chapter 13|Tantrums|

Adithan was losing his mind. He paced around the temple grounds repeatedly looking at the exit. His heart was beating out of his chest. His head throbbed. Adithan held his head and sat down with his back against the wall. Adithan tapped his foot on the ground impatiently.

Where was his kanmani?

Seconds passed. She didn't come, Minutes passed, but no signs of her, hours passed, and Adithan grew anxious. Adithan refused to go to lunch without seeing her.

Adithan's lips were shivering, his heart felt heavy, the lump in his throat got painful. "Screw it," Kairkalan got up. As he walked towards the temple, He heard the temple girl's laughter. He scanned for Nandini's laughter but he couldn't hear it.

"Devi," He called out to one of the girls. The girl looked back, confused about who called her, but when she saw Adithan, she yelped. The other girls ceased their laughter as they saw Karikalan standing before them, all manly and handsome. They all had a huge crush on the prince. Well, who doesn't? But his heart only belonged to Nandini, and Nandini only.

"Y-yes, Ilavarese," The girl replied. Shyness played around her face. They all stood up and approached him.

"Did the pooja end?" Adithan asked. The girls all nodded jointly. Adithan arched his eyebrows wondering why she hadn't come to see him yet. Adithan swallowed the lump in his throat and decided to ask them straight away.

"Where's Nandini?" Adithan asked. The girls looked disappointed and looked at each other with a frown at the thought that the Prince had lost his heart to someone else.

"She left an hour ago, Ilavarese," A young girl replied, everyone shot her dirty looks.

"I was waiting outside, I didn't see her leaving," Adithan asked.

"She left through the back entrance," Informed another girl.

Adithan thanked the girls and left the temple premises. Why did she leave through the back exit? Did she see him waiting outside?

Nandini did this to avoid him. He had a guess about what Kundavai told Nandini, She would've told him about the Jodithar's words, and Nandini would've gotten scared again.

Adithan rode his horse through the woods trying to find Nandini. "Nandini!" He called out, but only the birds replied. Adithan roamed around aimlessly trying to find Nandini

Adithan pulled back his hair and stopped his horse. Adithan got down, he sensed something, "Nandini," No reply, He paced around the area searching behind every bush, every tree, every rock, but she was adamant about staying away from you.

He kicked a tree in anger. Adithan was sweating profoundly, "NANDINI!" He screamed. "I know you're here!" Adithan yelled. He was right. Nandini was right there, hiding behind a broken tree bark, on the ground crying her eyes out.

Nandini bit her hands trying to stifle her cries, her eyes were red and puffy, and Adithan screaming her name added to her agony. Her heart felt like a thousand needles were piercing it at once. She was screaming inside. Her tears watered the plants.

"If you don't come out now! I'll cut my own heart out Nandini, I swear," She heard Adithan screaming. Her eyes widened in fear, Her heart skipped a beat when she heard Adithan drawing out his sword.

"NO!" Nandini shrieked. Nandini shot up and stood in front of Adithan and held his hands holding the sword. "No, Karikalare," Nandini cried out and snatched the sword from his hands. Blood returned to Adithan's face as he saw Nandini. He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked at Nandini.

"Don't play these games with me, Nandini," He said firmly, "If you are going to distance yourself from me, do it after stabbing me in the heart with the sword in your hand," Nandini immediately dropped the sword from her hands. It made a clinging sound as it hit the ground.