Chapter 48|Semba!|

Kundavai listened to the Pallava Arasan boasting about his supposed bravery on the battlefield absent-mindedly. She was utterly tired of him.

"You said you saved my brother?" She asked. "All alone?"

"No, Illaya Piratti, I would not take all the credit, the Vanar Kulla ilavarasar helped a bit too." Pallavan said before adding proudly. "But it was I who got rid of the rebels."

Kundavai knew he was lying just by looking at him, but she did not want to pop his bubble. "Vanar Kulla Ilavarasar?" She asked, curiously. Vanathi giggled to herself at the shift in Kundavai's demeanor as soon as she heard the name.

"Sorry." Vanathi apologized, grinning.

"Yes, Ilavarasi," Parthibendran nodded. "He's of no importance, though."

"I would wish to meet him, and thank him for helping you save my brother."

"Oh," Pallavan breathed, disappointedly. "I would see to it." He would not.

"If there is nothing else..." Kundavai trailed off, wanting for him to leave. Parthibendran knew he overstayed his visit and got up, clasping his hands, he bowed graciously.

"I'll take my leave." He said before walking out, his face red.

Kundavai sighed and rubbed her forehead, oh god he went on forever.

"He loves you." Vanathi noted.

"I wouldn't call that love," She shrugged.

"Then? What is love to you Akka?" Vanathi asked. Kundavai thought about it for a bit. She has never loved anyone, well...she never had the time for it either.

"I do not know, Maybe you should ask Arulmozhi about it."

Vanathi blushed and turned away. "Akka..."

Kundavai laughed merrily at her shyness. "Oh Vanathi, you never change."

********

Vallavarayan roamed around the palace grounds, dripping with sweat, where was this bloody horse?

"Semba!" He called out again, leaning against a wall to catch his breath. He was going to sell that damn horse right after he catches him. He walked alongside the anthapuram walls, soon lost in thought, thinking about how beautiful the women of Chozha Nadu looked. The beautiful princesses who had come to greet their Crown Prince, Vandiyadevan blushed just thinking about them, how did the Prince keep a straight face? He did not even bat an eye at them.

Unfortunately he couldn't get a good look at his sister, Parthibendran used to speak so highly of her and he was dying to meet her. Just then, he spotted Semban amongst the bushes of the Anthapuram's garden.

Like master, like horse.

"Semba!" Vandiyadevan shouted as he approached the doorway. He was stopped by two guards, looking uninterestedly at him. "Aiya, My horse escaped and I'm trying to get him."

One of the guards sighed. "I don't see a horse."

"Open your big owl-like eyes and see behind that bush," Vandiyadevan snapped, but just before the guard could see, Semban escaped.

"Thambi, why are you lying?"

Vandiyadevan looked offended. "Lying? Me? Are you accusing Karikalar's friend of lying?"

The guards broke into a fit of laughter. "Karikalar's friend? You?"

He straightened up a bit, his chin held high. "Yes?"