Time to Walk Away

Since making amends, Miranda and Ben's relationship was okay. They didn't avoid each other, like the plague, and could be civil at the least. Although Ben wanted personal time with Miranda, he respected her relationship. For the most part, they looked happy, and he didn't want to get in the way of that.

In the meantime, Ben had started dating a beautiful pediatric surgeon, Crystal Lawson. She was  kind, caring, and compassionate. He loved her feisty attitude. She was very athletic, which attracted him. They weren't in a relationship,  he just couldn't commit. Something was holding him back. Nonetheless, he enjoyed her company.

Miranda had seen Ben and Dr. Lawson got cozy, and it was something she felt in her stomach when she saw him kiss her on the cheek. 

She turned her head quickly, and she looked down at her feet. She noticed her fist clenched, her eyebrows furrowed. She was angry and jealous. 

She was trying to shake the feeling. She decided to text Eli to meet her in the conference room. She needed a release. 

After a while, they finished, and what she was trying to accomplish had backfired because she couldn't get out of her head. 

All she could think about was Ben, and she decided to go and get lunch. She groaned, seeing Dr. Lawson with a couple of their other co-workers.

"Girl, so you and Dr. Warren?" Lauren from general surgery smiled hard.

"Oh my gosh , girl, he's fine, right?" Crystal cheesed. 

"So the sex!" Ariel from dermatology half screamed.

"Shhhhh," Crystal placed a hand over her mouth. "It's amazing, the way he devours every part of me, it's jus...."

"Ummm, excuse me, some people are trying to eat." Miranda said with an attitude.

"Oh, sorry, Miranda." Crystal moved.

"It's Dr. Bailey, " she hissed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Dr. Bailey" Crystal was confused. She looked at her friends, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Whatever, find another place to discuss your sex life." Miranda was clearly annoyed

"What is her problem?" Crystal watched her walk off.

Ariel looked away 

"What?" 

"Her and Dr. Warren used to date, and she left him high and dry, then started sleeping with a nurse."

Crystal and Lauren had a shocked look on their face. 

"Mmmm, so she's obviously jealous." Crystal had a conniving look on her face. 

Later, there was a roof collapse, and a lot of people were injured. The OR and emergency room were filled. 

Crystal was able to get on surgery, with Ben. She called for a general surgeon, then walked Miranda. She smiled behind her mask, eager to get under her skin. 

After the child was in stable condition, Crystal made small talk with Ben.

"So, Dr. Warren. What do you think about going sky diving this weekend? And Brooke, of course," she smiled.

"That sounds fun, you know I love a good adventure. Brooke has a play she's practicing for, so I will ask her about it later on." 

"Perfect," she said with enthusiasm.

Miranda rolled her eyes.

"You know, my dad found out that my sister is dating some guy at her hospital, and he's furious. He called me, going on and on about it."