Twice the Blessings

Ahhh Shit! Miranda breathes deeply. The pain is so intense, she rubbed her belly.

Can someone please find my phone?

Brooke handed her the phone and watched her press Ben's speed dial.

Yes, baby! She could hear the wind blowing, signaling his windows were down.

Where are you? "she yelled.

I am 5 minutes away, and I am going as fast as possible.

I need you. She tried to keep her tears at bay.

I'm here, baby! Right in front of that Italian ice place.

Ooh, can you grab me a large cotton candy and blue raspberry?!

Yes, okay, I am on my way.

8 minutes later, Ben ran through the front door he looked at all the women pointing towards the kitchen.

Hurry Benji, she's due for a contraction any minute now. Lacie pushed him to the kitchen.

He walked up to her and kissed her lips. Her face frowned as she felt the beginnings of her contraction. Ben rubbed her back while rocking her back and forth. After 45 seconds the contraction subsidies.

Miranda released her tensed breath while Ben looked at his watch making note of her next contraction in 15 minutes.

Ben looked down, into her eyes which were filled with tears.

Baby, I can't do this she cried. It hurts so bad and I don't think I can. She cried into his chest.

You can do this, your body is resilient and you were born to bring life into this world or we wouldn't be thus far.

She nodded her head into his chest.

Miranda sweetie Auntie Pat said softly. How about you get in the shower or tub? Maybe a massage from cousin Alice?

Umm, yes I will take the massage. She kissed Ben on the lips. Thank you for the Italian ice.

You're welcome, he smiled.

Miranda sat on the chair, looking at the clock for the 15-minute mark, but 10 minutes in she started having another contraction.

Oh, babyyy she tensed up.

Miranda released the tension

Breathe slowly in and out. You can't hold your breath sweetheart,  Auntie Pat encouraged her.

Ben stepped outside for a minute. What do you need, we're all here for you.

I need, she pondered for a minute. Tears started pouring from her eyes. I need my mom, she whimpered.

I'll go get her, Brooke jumped up sliding on her shoes. And out the door.

Where are you going? Ben covered his phone speaker.

To get Grandma El Mom needs her badly. She ran off.

Brooke knocked and then walked into the house.

Grandma El? She spoke loud enough to be heard.

She and William rounded the corner.

Yes, sweetheart?!

Mom is in labor and she asked for you. She is in tears and needs you right now.

Oh, a large smile crossed her face. Let me grab my bag.

Oh, she's at home, so you don't need it. She grabbed her hand pulling her out the door.