Life's Storm's

Ben watched Brooke wave at him, and he had the right mind to tell her to get out of the car.

He didn't want her to feel that he was controlling her every move, especially with her mom.

Ben rushed to the car, and he knocked on the window.

"No hug," his smile held sadness.

Brooke stepped out and ran into his chest.

"I love you, Daddy, and I will miss you."

She kissed his cheek as they held onto each other tightly

"I love you too princess,  call me if you need anything he stressed their is never a wrong time to call, okay? Be safe and have fun."

He kissed her forehead and then shut her door, watching her wave as she rode down the street.

"Hey, Ben," Miranda said upbeat. Where did Brooke go?"

"With her mother," he said, now stressed.

He walked into the house and poured himself a glass of Hennessey Paradis. Drinking the entire cup, he poured another.

"Ben?! Miranda said softly as she touched his back. What do you need from me?"

He turned and looked into her eyes. Miranda could see. He was stressed and nervous.

 She looked at her watch. She was on call tonight and had 3 hours until her shift started. She grabbed his belt buckle, getting ready to help him relax, but he stopped her.

"Thank you, baby, but I need to relax for a minute, okay!"

"Yes, of course, sorry. Well I will see you later, she said with sad eyes."

Before she could get away, he kissed her head, "I'm not upset with you, I promise."

Miranda smiled,  "I will see you later."

Ben finished half of his bottle, then went to shower. After relaxing, he figured before Miranda leaves for her shift in an hour, he would apologize.

He walked down the sidewalk, noticing a black Camaro in the driveway. He looked and saw Miranda inviting Eli in the house, and she was smiling, which pissed him off.

Instead of going through the front, he went through the back and opened her back door.

When he stared into the kitchen, his eyes had to be betraying him.  Eli at the dining table, his hand placed on her knee.

"Miranda, let's make this work?"  He tried to push her.

Ben was upset that she would even invite her ex into her house! he walked out, feeling deeply disrespected.

"I know you miss me!" Eli scooted in between her legs.

Miranda jumped up immediately, "Eli, no! Me and and you are done, I am sorry you came this far. But I could and would never go their with you again."

Eli stood up  placing his hands on her hips, leaning forward, he kissed her quickly.

Ben walked on the side of the house, seeing them kiss. He was devastated. Moving quickly, he never saw when Miranda slapped Eli.

"Don't you EVER put your fucking hands, mouth NOTHING ON ME!" She screamed.

Ben could hear Miranda scream. He stopped, feeling a pang in his chest.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!" she screamed with the door wide open. "And don't ever come back."

"Miranda,  let me explain!" Eli tried calming her.