Living In The Beauty For A Moment

It had been two months, and Rodney and his brother Ricky had finally been caught,  the court case was ongoing. They had already made a plea for the sex trafficking which got them 10 years. They had flipped on their partners for a lighter sentence.

Brooke's case had already started, and  Rachel and her testimony were coming in the next couple of days. Brooke's nerves were through the roof.

On a happier note, prom is today, and she has been gone since 6am. She spent her morning, getting her hair, nails, and toes done. 

Miranda had a patient going through d.i.c, so she had to leave and fix a general surgeons mistake.

Brooke walked into the house, and packages for the babies were everywhere. She smiled, thinking how soon they would be here. She went to the kitchen, grabbed a bite to eat, and relaxed before the makeup artist got there.

She was dozing off when her boyfriend Joshua called.

"Hey baby! She said with enthusiasm. Are you ready for prom?"

"Yea, definitely. I just wanted to ask, is it was okay, if my mom and dad came over to take pictures?"

"Sure, that's no problem. What time are you all coming?"

"Prom is at 6, so probably 5."

"Okay, well, it's 2:30, and my makeup artist just pulled up. I will see you at 5."

"Okay, baby. I love you."

"Love you too," she smiled.

Miranda and Ben listened from the hall.

"Who the hell are you telling, that you love them?" Ben arched his eyebrow. Brooke was still his baby, and he didn't care how old she was.

"Ummm, my boyfriend, her heart sped up." She looked past him for Miranda.

"Don't look for your mom. I'm talking to you." He folded his arms.

"Daddy, he's my boyfriend.  I wanted him to meet you all before, but it's been a lot going on."

"Are yall having sex?" He asked, ready to get straight to the point.

"Daddy?! Why would you say that?"

"Answer the question!" He walked up on her.

"Yes, Daddy," she tried to look for Miranda, whose eyes were big. She had already told her before she did it, and she wanted a little back up.

"Why do you keep looking at her," his body was tense. He looked at Miranda,  she had a guilty look on her face.

"You knew?!"

"I have to get the door," Miranda went to turn.

"No, I'll get it," he looked her up and down.

"Brooke, that's why we should've told him right then," Miranda whispered. He is going to preach all night about this she palmed her forehead."

"Sorry mom, I panicked, you know how it is looking in his eyes. They make you want to tell the truth. And he has been on edge, with court and me too. I just blurted it out."

"We will talk about it later, Okay!"

"Yes ma'am, what's taking dad so long?"

Just then, Ben walked in carrying the makeup bags and laughing with the young brunette. She stared in his eyes, clearly laughing too hard, because his joke wasn't funny.

Ben put the stuff on the dining room table and offered her a drink. Walking into the kitchen, he came back with water. She  slyly rubbed his stomach.

"Thank you, Benjamin," she said seductively.