Life's Storm's Part 2

Brooke opened her eyes as much as she could. She looked around and saw Tuck next to her bed wrapped in blankets. She looked to the other side, and her dad and Miranda were sleeping in the next bed, Miranda was laid on his chest, and he had his arm thrown across her waist.

She needed to get up and use the restroom.  She couldn't do it on her own, and she needed assistance getting up. She didn't want to wake anyone up. Last night was ruff.

She saw a nurse and signaled her to come in. She held up a finger to her lips, silencing her so as not to wake anyone up.

She got her up, Brooke winced in pain. She shakily slid her feet across the floor to the bathroom. After sitting on the toilet, the nurse stood off to the side of the bathroom.

Brooke accidentally flushed the toilet, waking Miranda .

"Brooke! What are you doing up? Let me help you," she grabbed the knob.

"No, mom! I'm good, I promise."

"You should have assistance while you're in the..."

"Miranda, she's in good hands." Nurse Sharon smiled through the crack.

"Oh okay, sorry," she held her hand up.

Brooke finished up, then stared at her reflection in the mirror. First, it was small tears, then it turned into sobs as she saw her reflection for the first time.

"Oh my God! She cried. My face!"

Nurse Sharon tried to calm her.

"I need my daddy!" Brooke sobbed.

Miranda listened, then went to wake up Ben.

"Baby?!"

"Yeah!" He groaned

"Brooke needs you, now."

Ben was half awake and didn't move. So Miranda pinched his side.

"Ow Miranda, what the hell!"

"Brooke, baby." She said with sad eyes.

Ben got up and looked at the bed and then the bathroom.

"Princess, can I come in?"

Nurse Sharon opened the door and patted Ben's back.

"Daddy! Look at my face. I'm hideous."

"You're bruised, but not broken. You are so beautiful still. Inside and out. The swelling will go down, and you will be just fine."

"You sure?" She whimpered

"If we can't, who is the reconstruction master!" Ben smiled hard.

"Stop your not funny," she smiled.

"You will be fine, I promise. One day at a time, and you will be as good as new."

They walked out, and Miranda sat on the edge of the bed with her head in the garbage.

"Sorry guys," her eyes were watery, and her nose was red.

"This baby is doing a number on you," Ben said with a concerned face. You're so swollen and...."

"I Second that, it's like since you said you were pregnant, you just..."

"SHUT UP TUCK!!!" Ben said with clenched teeth

"Hey Miranda,  nurse Sharon,  cut in.  Here is a tea, it's great for nausea."

Miranda drank the hot tea, and in an instant, her stomach settled.

"Also, whenever you need it, eat these to keep your vomiting down, okay."

"Yes ma'am," she smiled. She gave her homemade ginger drops.