The Trial

Ben sat on the edge of the bed,  everyone was anxious and on edge for the trial. Ben was trying his best to be a supporter for his family with the ups and downs of the trial. 

Tomorrow was the day that Rachel, Brooke, and himself would testify against Rodney and Ricky. He decided that he would host a family game night to get their minds off this stressful moment.

Ben walked into the living room, seeing Miranda with a pillow between her legs while resting her head on a pillow. She was almost asleep. Tuck was on his phone, scrolling the internet, and Brooke laid her head on the same pillow as Miranda, watching a medical mystery show. Ben walked in front of the TV.

"Okay, get up, everybody." Ben clasped his hands together.

"BEN! DAD! MOVE!" Brooke and Tuck said at once.

"We are not, sitting here all day, let's get up and find something to do.' Ben encouraged them.

"Baby, my back hurts," Miranda whined.

"Come on, it will be fun. It's so heavy in here. Please!" he looked Miranda in the eyes.

She breathes deeply, "Right now?"

"Yes. I will help you and end the night with a massage." He winked.

"Let's vote!" Miranda smirked.

"Baby, please," his eyes were glossed, and Miranda realized why he wanted to get out.

"You know what, I think Ben is right. Let's get out of this house, "she smiled. We have 30 minutes to get ready, so get yourself together."

Ben reached for her hand, pulling her from the couch she supported her belly as her weight shifted in the upward position. She kissed him, then walked into the room, getting her mind ready for what he had planned.

As she was undressing, Brooke burst into the room. "Where are we going ?" She looked at Ben.

"Brooke, your mom is getting dressed. Don't just walk in our room."

"Daddy, it's just breast and a vagina." She rolled her eyes.

Tuck walked up to the room as Miranda was going in the bathroom. 

"Ben, what should I wear?" He leaned against the door frame. 

"Tuck, your mom is naked!" 

"Sorry, but I have seen it before. Mom, I am sorry."

"Stop coming in unannounced, both of you. I know we're family, but it makes Ben uncomfortable," she giggled. Everyone looked at him and burst into laughter.

Ben couldn't help but laugh as well. "We should have boundaries ,that's all. You wouldn't want me to see you naked, right?" He looked at Brooke and Tuck.

No!" they looked horrified.

"Okay, now get out, and something athletic is fine." Ben shoo'ed them out. He locked his door this time.

He walked in the shower and washed himself, helping Miranda with her back. He turned her, so she faced him. He leaned down and kissed her softly, wrapping his arms around her tightly. He rocked them back and forth.

"You stressed?" Miranda looked up at him.

Ben just nodded his head, afraid his voice would betray him and show how unnerved he was.

Miranda laid her head on his chest, "you can lean on me, baby. I am here for you always."

Once again, he nodded and gave her another kiss. "I love you," he cleared his throat.