The Perfect Day

Ben got up from his seat and grabbed Miranda's hand to usher her out the door. 

He had so many things planned for today, and he wanted it to be perfect. Walking towards the door, Miranda faltered.

"Uhm, Ben , please don't take this the wrong way. But, I would like to keep our life private. It's nothing with you, it's just...."

"I get it, Miranda. Ben smiled. You don't want anybody to start any rumors about your life."

"Thank you, Ben," she rubbed his arm.

They walked out together , and then each went a different way to the attending lounge. When Miranda made it to Ben's car, she looked both ways before jumping in.

"So, Miranda looked at Ben. Where too?"

Ben smiled, "well you'll just have to wait and see."

After a 20-minute drive, they pulled up to The Peace Retreat and Spa.

"Oh my gosh, Miranda squealed. I really need this. My back and shoulders are killing me."

"Well, it's a good thing we're here." Ben said smoothly. 

He walked around the car and opened Miranda's door. He outstretched his hand, and she placed her hand in his. 

She smiled,  feeling IN synced with a man was a glorious feeling.

 They walked into the spa, amazed at the pristine marble floors and soft grey walls. The music was light, and the smell of lemon and rosemary permeated their senses. 

They continued to marvel at the entrance of the spa when a young woman in her 20's interrupted them.

"Hello, Welcome to The Peace and Retreat Spa! My name is Alexandra. Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes, Ben Warren!"

"Let's have a look then. Ah yes, okay, we were expecting you. So Mr. and Mrs. Warren, come this way to change out of your clothes into a robe." She saw Ben's strained face. 

"Did I say something wrong?" she questioned.

"Oh no, you didn't," Ben answered but were not married." He knew what happened last time, and he wanted this time around to go perfect. Ben watched Miranda's face contort, and he could tell she was deep in thought.

Miranda, on the other hand, felt a pang in her chest. Although she didn't know if,  she wanted to get married today. She did love him, and now she sat their feeling insecure about what was next for their relationship.

Ben grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. He saw her, focusing her attention on the floor. 

"But, I would love nothing more than to have her as my wife for the rest of my life."

Miranda's head snapped up, and she let out a toothy grin.

"That's so romantic." She showed them their dressing area. 

Miranda and Ben both went into a changing area and then came out. They were instructed to take all clothing off. They walked hand in hand to the couples massage room. They walked in, and the room had maroon painted walls, with dim lighting coming from the various candles spread across the room. You could smell the jasmine and sandalwood.  They had the room at the perfect temperature. 

An older woman came into the room and handed them a cup of tea.

"Drink this, then drop your robe and place a towel over your bottom half. She said in a German accent."

"What is it?" Miranda questioned skeptically.

"Maca Root dear, it helps the body manage stress, help's with depression, may lead to increased energy, help's with symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, benefits your bones, may boost libido, and help with male fertility."