C18

"So what, are you willing?" this question again.

Why is he still flirting when we can be together right away? But he might say I'm easy to get so I'll try hard to get first.

"Okay, it's up to you." My face was red during those times. I turned around because I didn't want him to see how happy I was with what was happening to us.

But despite my happiness, something seems to be bothering me. But I try to hide it because I might just make a mistake. This is the opportunity I've always dreamed of, so I should not miss this chance.

Julius and I built a good start again. But it was just the beginning of happiness, because Shantel came back.

I expect Julius to come, because we have a conversation that will come out today. But after I opened the door, another person met me. Shantel raised her eyebrows while looking at me from head to toe.

Didn't you expect me to be your guest? Well, flirts are like that. When the cat is away, the mouse feasts. Is that right, Aira? it speaks to me plainly.

If you only came here to fight me, then leave. Julius is the one you should talk to because he is the one flirting, not me."

Wow! Really? And you hope that he really likes you? Have you forgotten what I told you? We are about to get married and do you know why now it won't work? Because of you! Because you are so flirtatious! Shantel slapped me hard. I held my cheek because I felt my face numb.

I cried when I looked at him again. It's not over because it's just beginning. "What else do you want? That's not enough because the slap on your fat face doesn't go away!" It was about to hit me again but a hand stopped Shantel.

I thought it was Julius, but it's not...

"Sean?!" I said in shock.Annoyed, Shantel pulled her hand away from Sean. He looked at me sternly because he didn't cover up for hurting me again. Sean came to me so that Shantel wouldn't hurt me again.

"Tsk! You're all about rescuing that girl, you're just a maid! What... Has that girl already messed with your brain?! he said angrily.

Sean couldn't speak, but he remained a barrier between me and Shantel.

"Go away, Shantel. If not I will call the security guard downstairs to drag you out! I threatened it, but it seemed unmoved by what I said.

He laughed loudly and seemed to be teasing.

"What did you say? Are you going to drag me out? And what do you think of yourself, you're just a scumbag dressed up to look like a human. I don't even know why you live here in this beautiful condo. Maybe you are dragging this Councilor while flirting with Julius. Am I right, Aira?!

"Stop it, Shantel. Stop accusing Aira without enough evidence! said Sean.

Sean's face was serious, he didn't seem to like what Shantel was saying.

Shantel smiled at Sean's gesture. It doesn't shake anyone. Especially since this is the son of a well-known person. No matter what he does, his father who is also in the position will get through it.

"I'm warning you, Aira! Don't ever try to take Julius away from me, or else I will do everything to get you out of my way! Don't be complacent, because you might lose the only one you love in life." It left a scary smile before it turned and left my place.

It was as if my knees were getting weak holding onto the side of the door. When will I be happy? There are so many obstacles in our relationship with Julius.

"Are you all right?" Sean asked worriedly. I could see the worry in his eyes. And just now I felt that I missed him so much. In the few months I was busy with work, I didn't think that I would miss the things I used to do for Sean. I was stunned when I remembered that he was right in front of me waiting for my answer.

"I-I'm fine. W-what are you doing here? Why did you come here?

"Aren't you going to let me stay first?" I immediately panicked.

"Oh yes, come in..." I started to go inside because I felt my cheeks blushing from embarrassment. It seems I'm not used to being visited by Sean so I'm changing the way he treats me.It followed me inside.

"What do you want? Is it coffee or juice? I will ask.

"Just water." This response while observing the environment where I live. Fortunately, my house is clean because I grew up not lazy.

"This is a beautiful place of yours, it's simple..." he said.

I turned to look at him as I poured water into the glass from the jug I took from the fridge.

"Yes, I work with the owner of this condo. He doesn't want to rent it to someone else because it was a gift from his daddy. So my rent here is cheap because he knows I come from a poor family. I just reciprocated that, because I was also ashamed of him. I just make sure the house is always clean.

Sean nodded at what I said. He calmly sat down on the long sofa. I came closer to give the water. He just placed it on the table in front of him.

"W-what brought you here?" I will ask.

He looked at me and met his eyes. It's like I suddenly got burned so I was the first to look down.

"Nothing, I just passed by because I was talking to someone near the condo where you are staying."

I frowned, how did he know that I live here? Surprisingly, I didn't even know how he found out. What makes me wonder is why he would bother to visit and pass me for no reason. Could something bad have happened to Mama? I was suddenly nervous when I thought of Mama's condition.

"Ma-did something bad happen to Mama?" My eyes widened at Sean's question. I held my breath waiting for his response.

"Huh? Your mom is fine," he said, making me breathe easier.

"It's good then, thank you for defending me earlier. I didn't expect you to come.

"Until now, he's still bothering you..." he said.

"That Shantel won't stop me because Julius was right."

"I mean, I'm talking about Julius. I thought he had stopped."

There was a moment of silence between the two of us. It was as if an angel had suddenly passed by and stopped both of our worlds.

I don't even know why I feel like Sean is getting curious about my life again. So I was the only one who changed the conversation so that Julius would not be included in our conversation. I'm just annoyed because I think he's flirting with me but he can't stay away from Shantel. I feel like Shantel has been following me forever, always planning something bad for me. Especially since it mentioned something bad. I'm not afraid because I know he only said that because of jealousy.

"Congratulations on winning the election. It's been a long time but it's not too late not to congratulate you."