C42

"Son, whatever your reason is, do the right thing anyway. The first thing we will appeal is the divorce papers of you and Julius. Then let's get back to that matter."

"Thank you,"

Before it got dark, Julius appeared to me again. It disappears outside the gate and forces me out of the house. It's a good thing that Mama has many neighbors, you will know immediately when she does something wrong.

"Get out of there, Aira! Take my son out! he shouted outside the gate.

I went out the door and saw Julius who was very angry and almost broke the gate.

"Stop me, Julius! Don't involve my son in this! Don't use him to make me come back to you. I'm going to divorce you, so stop mother and me! I said to him with a trembling voice.

"What divorce are you talking about? You're the one who caught me going left and then you're the one who wants to get a divorce?

I can't believe what it says.

You don't have to be perfect in front of other people, Julius. You never considered me your wife. And don't you have many women? Why aren't they your only fault? I paid for what you did to me a long time ago. So can you stop me? It's like you have mercy, let my mother and I go."

Julius's eyes were staring at me.

Is that what you really want? Have you forgotten what I told you? Don't make me angry, Aira. Maybe you'll regret what you're doing to me." He said to me threateningly.

But I was not affected. I need to be stronger now because my son needs me.

"Go away, Julius. I will never go with you again.

"In that case, if you don't want to come with me, I'll just take Jordan. I will hire a lawyer to get my son from you. I'm going to bring him home to the States and you'll never see him again. A strange smile appeared on his lips, before he left. He got into a car and quickly left the place. I was left stunned, afraid that he might take Jordan from me. What will my son go through when he gets my son? The court will favor it more especially since Julius has money. My mother and I don't even have a kousing. How can I protect my son, and myself from him.

Son, we need to ask Sean for help. Woe betide my grandson if he ends up with that man. You saw his appearance, he even beat the killer."

My knees were so weak that I sat on the floor. I feel like I'm going to faint from what's happening to us now. I don't know what to do.

That night I could not sleep. I'm afraid Julius might come back home and get Jordan. I know that Julius will really find a way. I got up and drank coffee so that I wouldn't be sleepy. Every time I hear a passing car, my heart beats faster. Julius could come back at any time.The next day my eyes were still wide open. Mama entered the room and saw my paleness.

"Son, why do you look like that? Didn't you sleep?

"I don't want to go to sleep, maybe Julius will suddenly come back when I go to sleep. Maybe he can get Jordan from me."

Mama felt sorry for me during those times. He approached me and hugged me.

"Son, I will not allow that man to take you and my grandson. I will prepare your breakfast, and after you eat you will go to bed. I will take care of Jordan. You need more strength to defend your son from Julius.

I thought Mom was right. I have to fight for my son. So I need a break so that when we get to the court I can answer properly.

After I finished eating breakfast, I rested. I still had a hard time falling asleep because of the fear that Julius might come back. But I was also sleepy with fatigue and stress. I don't know how many hours I slept. When I woke up I looked for Jordan next door, but I didn't see anyone so I got up and ran out of the room.

"Mom! Ma! I called Mama. I was stunned when I saw Mama in the living room. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Jordan was there too.

"Oh son, why?" asked Mama.

"I thought Jordan had disappeared from my side because..." I stopped talking when I realized that Mama was talking to someone who was sitting in front of her chair. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked confused. Sean is at home, has Mama told about Jordan? I suddenly got nervous and I approached my son and picked him up.

Sean stood up and looked at me seriously. "I'm here to help you, Aira."

"Huh? I don't need—

"Son, I have no one else to turn to for help. We need Sean's help." Mama cut off what I was going to say.

Why with so many people who are Mama's close friends? And why did he approach this man? What if he finds out the truth? He will also take Jordan and they will live a whole family with the woman he will marry.

"Ma, I can solve my problem without any help from him. You shouldn't have bothered to call him.

"I can't be complacent, son, if he made you follow everything he wanted before, it's not unlikely that he will do it again now. He will use the child to get you back to him, and that's what I'm afraid of. So please, son, accept Sean's help. I only trust him."

I really don't agree with Mama's decision. But he was right, Julius could use Jordan to get me back to him. Even though I went with Sean against my will, I did it just to save Jordan from harm. I would like to say no because my son's heart might get closer to his real father, but I have to do it so he doesn't get hurt.

"Why are you serious? Don't you have anything to say to me? Sean asked as we drove along the road to a distant place where Julius couldn't see or reach us.Why would Sean ask that? Could Mama have mentioned the truth about my son? He couldn't know about Jordan either.

"I can't quite imagine why Mama left me alone, she might get hurt."

"Daddy will take care of your Mama, everything will not be resolved if action is not taken, so just trust him."

I was silent again at what he said.

"So you went with Julius then because he forced you? So you left me and married her because—

"Please, Sean. Let's not talk about the past. You are happy and about to get married. That's what you should be thankful for because you don't deserve a woman like me. I interrupted what Sean was saying. I cried again because the past came back again where I called his name for help but no Sean came. He was the first to give up because he quickly let go of me.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to bring back the past. But I just want to know if that's really your reason." He continued to scold me but I didn't speak anymore. I just turned my eyes to the side outside the window so that he knows I don't want to talk. I felt sleepy again during the trip so I leaned my head back and didn't realize that I had already taken a nap.

I just woke up when I felt the car stop and Sean gently wake me up by caressing my cheek. I was startled when I felt his hand on my cheek.

"W-what are you doing?!" I asked him.

"I don't want to disturb your sleep, but we're here."

I turned around outside the car. There are quite a lot of trees but I don't see any other houses apart from a single house standing in front of the car. Jordan was in the backseat still fast asleep so I got out of the car to go and pick him up but Sean got ahead of me. It also went down quickly and loaded my sleeping son. Jordan hugged Sean's neck and slept comfortably on Sean's shoulder. I was left stunned by both of them. They look great from that angle. Sean remembers the kids while Julius doesn't care about the kids.

"What are you doing there, Aira? Please take the key from my pocket and open the door," he said to me so I followed them in confusion and when I was in front of him I stared at the pants Sean was wearing where I was supposed to get the key. His manhood was bulging so I felt ashamed to take it.

"A...er... a-Jordan is mine. You are the only one to take the key. I shyly told her but she did not agree.

"Jordan will wake up when I pass it to you. Take it, it's just in my pocket."

I sighed before taking the key from his pocket that fit him quite well. I almost didn't get the key when I felt as if I touched the end where the snake was still pointing. I was shocked when Sean said nothing.