Chapter 4

CASSANDRA ARIA

"I'm sorry. You shouldn't have had this if it wasn't for me." she said sadly while caressing my wrist with the mark of Amara's grip.

I must admit, I was taken aback by Amara's strength. I didn't know that in her slender body she had such strength.

We are now at the mini park near our school. We decided to stay here for a while. It's late at night, good thing she's off work now so we can stay late.

"You know that it's not your fault.." I smilingly said to her. She smiled back at me but I know it was a sad smile.

"The rumor is really true, isn't it?" She laughed softly. "You know.. about Amara being a bitch."

I sighed. "I've already told you that a million times. Didnt I?.."

"But still..." She shrugged her shoulders.

"I still believe that theres a reason behind why she is like that.."

I rolled my eyes and slowly pulled my arms from her. "Oh come'on. Sage"

Sage Adalee Bermeo
A super shy girl and a nerd. But she's a sweetheart. I stared at her brown doe eyes behind those big eye glasses..

"You cant be friends with that kind of person. She's the worst.." I added.

She just bowed her head.

I know that she's still sad about what happened earlier. Amara humiliated her in front of many people just because she accidentally poured juice on her shirt.

That evil bitch.

"But she saved my life so she's not that bad Cassie."

Even I was surprised when she told about Amara saving her. Its really hard to believe.

"I just want to say thanks to her. But I always dont know how to. That time, I want to offer her a juice and say hi. Stupid idea right?.." She asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders and we both laughed.

"But yeah.. I'm so stupid for being clumsy all the time. I messed up."

I softly held her chin and lifted her head. I brushed her cute bangs. I cupped her cheeks and softly tapped it.

"But look what she did to you? Isn't that a sign enough that she doesn't want to be friends with you?"

She nodded and sighed deeply.

"Yeah. who wants to be friends with me anyway. Sometimes I wonder why you consider me as your friend." She laughingly said.

It hurts me when she puts herself down like this. If only she knew how lucky I am to have her as my friend.

"Just because..." I took off her eyeglasses. I saw how she squinted her eyes and blinked many times.

"You're qualified to be my friend. If your not that pretty. And if wasnt for your cute bangs. I wont waste my time friending someone like you." I joked.