Chapter 14

3RD POV

"What if Sarah and I leave this city. And start a new life somewhere far from this." Sage hopelessly said.

They were still in the car watching people enter the bar. Amara parked her car a few steps away from Sage's work.

"They can still track you down." Amara said like it doesnt bother her. But it does. It frustrates her.

Amara couldn't understand why she felt scared when she saw Sage lifeless. She never felt fear or dread. Never.. But everything has changed since that bad dream.

Sage sobs softly.

"But why?.. Why me? Why my little sister? We have nothing to do with you and your enemies."

Amara squinted her eyes as she felt this pang on her chest again hearing Sage's sobs. She hated it whenever she felt this. But she didn't let the woman see it.

"I don't know. I have to figure this out first.." She said catching her breath.

Amara cant tell the whole reason why she was after Cassandra. For her this is not the time yet for Sage to know her whole story. And why she was doing these.

"No." Sage wildly shook her head.

"We're not going to live with you under the same roof. I can't entrust my sister's safety to the person who once tried to kill me.."

Amara knew that it wouldn't be that easy to convince Sage. It is difficult to gain his trust. But she thought of a way that can make Sage change her mind.

She fell silent for a few seconds. She turned to face Sage and met her gaze.

"If you agree.. I will never harm Cassandra anymore. I will never harm anyone again."

Sage looked intently in her eyes trying to find the sincerity in her eyes. Amara's eyes were glistening. Sage furrowed her borws thinking if this monster in front of her really has a emotion.

"What will you gain from protecting me?"

Amara heaved a deep sigh.

"That is what I need to know. Who you are and what you have to do with my life. All of this is not just a coincidence Sage."

__________

@NEMESIS' OFFICE

Its already 8PM in the evening. Nemesis has still a lot of paperworks to finish. She enjoys doing these things. The doings of mortals.

In fact, Nemesis doesn't need to associate with mortals. But she had to guide and watch over Amara.

When Amara came to her she treated her like her own daughter. For her, Amara is the daughter of a vengeful goddess.

That's why she named her Revy..

While cleaning her things on the table. She stopped when she felt something strange. She glanced at the wall clock.

The time stopped. She whispered.

She threw a piece of paper but it remained in the air. Nemesis took a deep breath and sat in her swivel chair.

"I know you are there. Come in."

The creaking sound of the door fill the room. The sound of heels indicates that the woman finally entered the room.

She was wearing a black long elegant dress. The woman slowly sat on the chair in front of Nemesis' table.

Looking intently at the woman. Nemesis clenched her fist under the table.

The woman smirked her fleshy lips. She crossed her long legs. While slowly leaning her back on her seat.

"So this is what you do as a mortal. A respectable owner of a school. And you have the noblest profession. Impressive.."

She clapped her hands weakly.

"What are you doing here?"

Nemesis said while glaring at her. The woman flipped her hair and laughed softly.

"Is that how you greet someone you havent seen for centuries?"

"Centuries.. Yeah.. You've been hiding for centuries.. Afraid to face the person who is destined to finish you?" Nemesis said with a smirk on her face.

The woman laughed hysterically. Her laughs echoed in the whole room. The she suddenly stopped.

"A demi-god who has nothing but the power of a snake was destined to finish me? We both know she's not capable of killing Gods."

"Athena..."

Nemesis shook her head while laughing softly.

"Still fooling yourself. Arent you? Pretending that you didnt know that she managed to kill the messenger of Gods. And your great Perseus.."

Athena stood up and in a blink of an eye she dashed to Nemesis. Sitting on the table while pointing the tip of her golden sword on Nemesis' neck.

Nemesis didnt move. Didnt even flinched. She was looking intently at Athena's cold and sharp eyes.

"Ofcourse I heard that. How about you? Have you heard that the fate you placed on Amara... is already happening?" Athena said as she traced Nemesis' jaw using the tip of her sword.

Nemesis' eyes slightly widened. She was shocked to hear that Athena knew about Amara's karma.

"Oh.. So Amara didn't know.?"

Athena said as she pulled back her sword inside her palm. She stood up and started walking around the room.

Nemesis was silently watching her.

"You know the war between me and Poseidon right? That sore loser still cant accept his fate. He's still after me." Athena said as she studied the paper in the air.

"But Amara, she has this strong urge to kill his own father. Imagine I will defeat Poseidon again without dirtying my own hands."

Athena knew that she was nothing against Poseidon. She might have won the competition between them before. But she knew that when it comes to strength, she has no match.

"So this is the reason why you haven't shown yourself to Amara. You call it strategy but I can name it as cowardness."

"Bravery is nothing if you are not smart enough in fighting. I will just wait for her to finish Poseidon. And as time goes by.. Amara will be weaken. Her time is already starting... Tick-tock tick-tock"

Nemesis stood up and slammed her balled fist on the table. "You will never defeat her!!"

Athena walked closer to her. She stood infront of Nemesis with her crossed arms under her chest.

"Why don't you just put some karma on me so all of this will be all over now."

Athena put her hand on her lips pretending she was shocked.

"Oh I forgot. Your power won't work on me. Goddess of revenge." She said sarcastically.

Athena started walking towards the door. But she was stopped on her tracks when Nemesis spoke again.

"Enjoy your title while you still have it Athena. Once you face Amara. That's when we'll know who deserves to be called..

..the Goddess of war."

Athena clenched her fist and Nemesis saw it.

When Athena finally went out. The door slammed closed, and the paper in the air slowly fell.