Chapter 12

SAGE

"Adalee! I want ice cream tubs too!"

Sarah kept on stomping her feet. She went to Cassandra and sat on her lap. She cupped her cheeks with her small hands.

We are now lying down on our bed while watching the TV. We didnt enjoy the movie that much because Sarah started sulking

"Cachieee, please tell Adalee to buy me an ice cream please.." She said to Cassandra. She still can pronounce Cassie's name properly. She's already five years old.

"I already said no Sarah didn't I?. It's already late.." I warned her. She pouted her lips and she was about to cry.

"You're mean."She hugged Cassie and leaned her head on her shoulder. Cassie soothed her back.

Then glared at me.

"You shouldn't talk to her that way." she firmly whispered at me.

"Sweetie.. listen.." Sarah let go of her. Cassie brushes her hair. "Tomorrow we will buy you an ice cream. With many many flavors.. Hows that sound?"

"Really?.." She asked while holding her tears and rubbing her eyes.

"That's a promise sweetheart." Cassandra said then Sarah smiled brightly at her.

"You're spoiling her. That's why she loves it when you're here." I rolled my eyes at them.

I put Sarah beside me. "Come here little pumpkin. Time to sleep."

"You heard what Cachiee said Adalee.." She yawned and hugged my waist. I nodded and kissed her forehead.

"That's explains why she's getting tantrums. She's already sleepy." Cassie said giggling.

I was brushing my sister hair. I'm sorry Sarah..

I  feel guilty and sorry for always leaving her to our neighbor to look after her. Luckily, they are good people. But I still pay them for watching her while I'm at work.

She sometimes doesn't sleep early because waits for me. I dont have a choice. We wont survive if I don't work for us.

"Cassie.." I whispered

She hummed but her eyes are still focused on the TV while munching the snacks.

"I'm planning on dropping out this semester." I said and bit my lower lip to restrain myself from crying.

"What?!" She almost shouted. Sarah turned her back on us. "I'm sorry. Did I heard it right?!" She whispered.

I sadly smiled at her. "I want to send Sarah to school. But I can't handle it if I'm also studying. I need a full time job."

What I told her was half the truth. Another reason is, I want to get away from Amara. I can't put my sister's life in danger.

We are not safe here anymore.. I blame myself for all of this.

She reached out for my hand and held it very tightly. I just pierced my gaze on our entwined hands.

"You can't do that Sage. We will graduate in a few months. Please.. don't do it. I will help you. Stop rejecting my offers.." She pleaded.

I wish.. it was as easy as that.. But it wasnt.. I took a deep breath and smiled at her. "I'll think about it.." I pursed my lips.

She hugged me. "I cant imagine you being away from me Sage.. You and Sarah.."