Chapter 16

SAGE

Days passed by but Amara never asked me again about staying in her house. Thank God. I overthink a lot since the day she said that me and my sister's life are in danger.

I'm anxious all the time.

I always see her around. She still the Amara I always knew. The bitch, arrogant, seductive, fashionable, attractive Amara. Nothing changed.

Except for the fact that whenever she sees me she always winks at me and it creeps the hell out of me. Some students were jealous.

But if they only knew whats behind those beautiful feline eyes.

I kinda miss those times that she doesn't give a shit for a student like me. I miss being a normal student. I miss my life before.. I miss my peaceful life..

I always see a snake crawling on a tree outside our house. It seems like its guarding us. I know its from Amara cause I also see her car being parked a few meters away from our house. And I hate to admit it, but I feel relief knowing someone in watching us.

But still, I don't trust her. A snake only sheds its skin to become a bigger snake.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I flinched when Cassandra sat beside me on this bench. I waited for her to finish her last period.

"So.... How's class?"

"You mean how's Amara?", Cassie asked sounded annoyed.

After the incident in the park. She always asked me whats my true relationship with Amara. I don't know why it bothers her.

"Cassie.."

"I'm just kidding.." she laughed "Its fine actually. Especially the part that Amara skipped the class again. I wish she totally drop that subject. I will be very happy." Cassie happily said while clapping her hands.

I just pursed my lips and didnt say anything. I don't want to talk about that woman right now. I carried my bag after I put all my things back.

As we walk through the hallway Cassandra spoke again. "Remember the old guy who passed out on the park Sage? He was on news last night."

I turn my gaze on her as my brows furrowed remembering about that asshole, "I didnt watch the news, I'm on duty last night."

"So yeah. It happens that, that guy was a notorious child rapist. They said that no one was claiming his body on the morgue and they found out that real identity of the man. Creepy right?" Cassandra chattered.

So Amara was saying the truth? She really save Sarah from that guy?

"That asshole." I gritted my teeth as I tightened my grip on the strap of my bag.

"But they said that when the guy brought to the hospital. He was declared dead on arrival. And the cause of his death was being poisoned by a venom of a snake. Which is unexplainable cause there's no snake around that time right? And he has no wounds indicating that he was bitten."

Cassandra was very confused. But to me, its very clearly who is behind that.

"He deserves it. I wish he would rot in hell. If I had a chance to kill him I would chopped his dick into pieces." I smilingly said.

Cassie gave me a questioning look. But she looked amazed. My eyes slightly widened realizing what I said.

"Wow.. I'm not used to Sage's evil thoughts."

We finally reached the parking lot. Cassie insisted that she will drive me home and work. I refused but she was pushy. We have to go home first to check Sarah before I go to work.