Chapter 8

CASSANDRA

I heard that Amara was suspended because of what she did to me. Im kinda disappointed. She should have been expelled. It's been days since the last time I saw her.

How I wish that will be the last time.

I saw Sage who was standing at the cafeteria door. She's probably looking for me.

"Hey Sage here!" I excitedly waved at her.

I waited for her to finish her class so we could eat lunch together.

She waved back at me once she saw where I was. As she walks towards me my brows furrowed wondering what's different about her today.

"Hi.." She smiled brightly at me.

We're now a few inches away from each other. Oh... She is not wearing her eyeglasses right now.

"Hey Cassie! You're not gonna say hello? Thats rude!" She laughingly said and sat beside me.

I slightly shooked my head. Shit. I fixed my hair and cleared my throat.

"Oh I'm sorry. I spaced out.." I faked a smile. Trying to calm myself down.

"It's okay.." She smiled back at me.And it almost made my heart jump. Those eyes...

"W-Where are your glasses?" Fuck why am I stuttering. I fanned myself with my hand.

"Oh.." She tugged a strand of hair behind her ear. She's shy. "I decided to try my lens today.."

"It looks good on you." I compliment her.

"Thank you." She said trying to avoid my gaze. Cute.

"So what do you want to eat? My treat!"

I cheerfully said. I pinched her cute cheeks. I can't help myself from staring at her doll face.

"No. Thanks. I'm full." She said with a tight smile. I noticed her looking around. Like she was looking for someone.

I just nodded and watched her. "Are you... waiting for someone Sage?"

She turned her attention to me. "Huh? N-No.." She nervously said while scratcing her nape. She's lying.

I just nodded. "Oh okay.." Though I'm not really convinced.

"You seem like you're looking for someone.." I said and started eating.

She went silent for a few seconds then I heard her took a deep breath.

"Honestly, I'm looking for Amara."

What she said made me stop sticking my fork in the steak. I grip the utensils. "Why?" I asked without looking at her.

"Nothing. I just want to apologize to her." She whispered.

I rolled my eyes and dropped my hand on the table.

"Sage, how many times do I have to tell you what happened was not your fault. It was an accident."

The tone of my voice rose a little and some students were looking at us. I can't explain the annoyance that builds up in me.

Sage bowed her head and fidgeting her fingers.