Chapter 7

AMARA

"Welcome back Amara. And congratulations on your successful mission to Perseus." Neme said and took a sip of coffee.

I'm in her office now. My suspension days is over. I can focused now on Cassandra.

"How about lets have a party Neme? I successfully bring Pegasus to my house." I said in a happy tone but emontionless face.

"Where did you hid him?" Her brows furrowed.

"At the basement of my mansion. He's safe there. He was glad seeing me. That Perseus he treated him like a slave.." I sounded annoyed.

"How about Medusa's head? Did you bring it with you also?" She curiously asked.

"No." I went to the couch and sit.

"That Athena!! She now using my mother's head like a fucking trophy. She even managed to put it on her shield to increase her power. Such a weak Goddess.." I slammed my fist on the arm chair of the couch.

"What are you planning now?" Neme stood up and sit beside me in the couch.

"Neme. How did Perseus know I existed?" I turned to face her.

She put her coffee on the table infront of us first before she spoke.

"Apollo, God of prophecy. He knew that a vengeful daughter will come out from a monster who will fight against the Gods and Goddesses.." She calmly said. How can she be so calm in this situation.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?!" I freaked out.

"Calm down Amara, I just found out it when Perseus called me and prayed to me."

I tried to calm down. I dont want to have a fight with her again. "He what? What do you mean?" My brows furrowed.

"I found out about Perseus's whereabouts when he prayed to me to take revenge against Athena as well. But he has karma to deal with for what he did to Medusa.."

"What kind of karma you put to Perseus?"

"I gave him immortality. He will never face death. Youre the only one who can kill Perseus. In that case you can get you revenge as well."

What kind of curse is that?!

"Nahh. I think thats a blessing. You turned him into immortal. Tss." I rolled my eyes and flipped my hair.

"No. It's a curse. Perseus does not want to be an immortal. He wants to live like a normal being. He always experienced the feeling of losing a loved one. And always left alone.."

I shrugged my shoulder and smile. "Fair enough."

"But why does he want to revenge on Athena?" I curiously asked again.

"Zeus wants to take him as his right hand but he refuses. He prefers to live in peace as a human being. When Athena learned the prophecy about you she asked Perseus to kill you. But he refuses again. So Athena captured her son and wife. She will let them free in exchange of you head." She explained.

Now it is clear to me why Perseus said that he only wants to save the ones he loves. But poor thing. He is dead. Sorry not sorry.

"So you sent me to him? Because you granted both of our prayers?"

She nodded with a smile on her face.

"Yes. you can take your revenge in killing him. And if he kills you, he can take his revenge against Athena."

I stood up. I remember I still have to attend the same class with Cassandra.

"Well, that makes sense.. The two of us should have avenged Athena. But too bad I don't want to side with the person who killed my mother.." I winked at Neme and I was about to leave.

But I was stopped from my tracks when Neme spoke.

"Beware Amara, dont underestimate the grief of a father. You know that Perseus is a son of Zeus.." She warned me.

I dont give a fuck who is his father. I am the daughter of Medusa. I whispered in my mind.

I clenched my fist.

"No, dont underestimate the wrath of a vengeful daughter.." I said and left.