Chapter 14

I sit in the dining hall listening to the conversations happening around me among Eleanor, Ramona, Julius, Delorian and some others sitting with us this evening.

I can't really speak. I don't know if I'm truly hurt over Draco and Mattheo being with other girls or if I just wanted them so badly that it has led to my emotional downfall. Either way I can't let them see me like this again. 

I continue trying to eat and make small talk with Eleanor and Ramona. 

"Eden, are you alright? You've barely eaten anything tonight,"  Eleanor asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nod. "I'm fine. I'm just tired from our trip to Hogsmeade today."  I set down my fork to turn towards her. "Babe, you slept for over two hours. I came to check on you around 5:00 pm and you were dead asleep in the common room," she says taking a drink and laughing harmlessly.

"I don't know what's come over me today.. I used to love to walk miles on end and even run for fun. I just don't have the energy like that anymore," I tell the group.

After I lost my father, I took a liking to walking, running, and even hiking. My mother and I loved to do it together. I would wake up before my mother would to go on a long run by myself. There was something about the rush of adrenaline and excessive stamina that made me feel, I don't know, alive?

I end this pitiful thought inside my head and tell the group I'm going to head back to the common room to change into something more comfortable. They wave goodbye to me and say they hope I feel better soon.

As I reach the entrance to the common room, I instantly smell weed. 

"Oh for fucks sake. Please don't let me open this door and see them," I say to myself, leaning my forehead against the door, already knowing that they're right behind it.

I pull on the heavy door to see Mattheo, Draco, Theo, Blaise, Crab and Goyle spread about the room, smoking and making complete fools of themselves. I turn to close the door behind me and once I turn to face them again, they're all staring in my direction. 

Do they have anything better to do than to sit around the common room at all hours of every fucking day???

"Can I help you?" I ask assertively. 

Crab and Goyle immediately put their heads down like feeble dogs with their tails tucked between their legs, not wishing to answer my question. Pussies. 

Theo is looking down at the ground then makes eye contact with me and shrugs his shoulders, implying that he has no idea what's going on. Blaise doesn't say a word to me and Draco is standing by the window and acts as if he doesn't see me, now focusing his gaze out toward the Black Lake. Mattheo on the other hand remains still, his elbows resting on his knees as he casts a devilish smile at me and licks his lips. 

Draco looks at Blaise, Theo, Crab, and Goyle and shews them away. They make their way up the stairs to their separate rooms. Draco walks over to me, grabs me by my chin and forces me to look up at him. Mattheo is still sitting on the sofa and watches what's happening. 

"You never gave us a chance to show you what you were missing out on when we were in the library together," he says seductively. 

I grab his hand that's resting under my chin and laugh, jerking it away."For someone that says they want me so badly, they have a really hard way of showing it. Playing around with other girls, toying with my emotions and pleasuring me for five measly seconds a day is not how you're going to get me, Malfoy. I can play this little game you both have going on right now too.. Just grow the fuck up already.. You want to play hard ball.. Well I am fucking game." I look over my shoulder to see Mattheo still watching us as he readjusts himself in his chair, following my body with his eyes as I exit the common room and walk up the stairs to my room.