Chapter 34

Eden's POV:

I enter my bedroom and let the darkness of the storm roaring outside overtake me. I lay down on my bed and begin to sob loudly. The tears flow, the emotions are high, and I'm not sure how to handle myself, or this situation I'm in. 

I sit up on my bed and take off my boots before walking over to my speaker to play some music. XO by EDEN begins to play and I sing along to the words, dancing and swaying around the room. I love this band because well, it's my name of course. A few minutes of singing and dancing go by and I hear a knock at the door. I walk over to open it and look down to see a dozen beautiful emerald green roses sitting in an emerald green crystallized vase on the floor. There's a note on top of the bouquet that reads:

Green are the petals representing strength and stability. It embodies everything that you are in a woman. With Love, Theo <3

How much more tears can I cry today? Fuck.

I pick up the vase and bring them inside to set them on my bedside table. I admire the beauty and the hue of green within them and re-read Theo's note over ten times. What have I done to deserve you, Theodore Knott?

I spend the next thirty minutes doing my make up before checking my pocket watch for the time. 12:15 pm. 

My stomach rumbles and I realize I've had nothing to eat all day today. I decide to go to the Great Hall, alone, to grab lunch. When I arrive, I see Eleanor and Ramona sitting together in our group's normal spot. Eleanor waves me over all excited.

"Hey guys." I greet the two of them with a smile.

"Well, things are about to get so much better for us, Eden!" Eleanor yells cheerfully.

"Uh, okay? Ramona did she drink a little too much of that potion last night?" I smirk and grab a croissant off the platter in front of me.

"Ugh, Eden, lighten up. Listen, there's going to be an announcement about a Hallows Eve dance for next weekend! And guess who asked me to go with them?" She says wiggling her eyebrows and sipping her pumpkin juice.

"No fucking way! Hayden?!" I scream, basically begging her to confess that I'm right. She looks at me smiling widely and I grab her and shake her excitingly. "Congratulations!"

"Enough of my excitement. Who do you think will ask you? I mean, now that Draco is back, and then there's Mattheo and Theo," she adds reminding me that I'm caught in some sort of love square or some shit.

"I plan on going alone to be perfectly honest. It'll give me time to reflect on my options," I take a bite of the roasted chicken and wink. 

She rolls her eyes and proceeds to talk about her costume ideas. I kind of drift off into my own thoughts as her and Ramona engage in conversation with each other. The thought of showing up to the Hallows Eve dance alone is kind of embarrassing. I mean, I have three amazing guys that I wouldn't mind going with. But, why can't I bring myself to choose one of them? Then, I remember back to the infirmary only earlier today..

I can't choose between them.. Even it's a simple school dance.

"I don't know Eden.. The twins might take advantage of you going to the dance alone. They have a rather deep interest in you, you know," she says nudging me with her elbow to get my attention.

I brush off her comment and finish my lunch with a pumpkin pastie. We sit there for another hour or so talking before I get a rush of adrenaline and decide to go exercise.

"I'm going for a run for awhile. I'll catch up with you two later," I tell the girls as I go to exit the dining hall. They wave me goodbye and I head up to my room to change.

Once I'm in my room, I pull off my outfit and throw on a tight black long sleeve compression shirt and a loose white t shirt over top. I pull on some black spandex and my black and white skater sneakers, grab my earbuds and adjust my arm band to hold my speaker in place. I fix my bun so that it won't completely fall out while I'm running and head out the door and to the courtyard. 

I run a few minutes to the front of the castle and continue toward the Black Lake. I sit down to skip a few stones upon arriving. Battlefield by Jordin Sparks begins playing through my earbuds and I sit there, taking in the lyrics of the song and thinking about how much I relate to it right now. 

I feel like I've started a war between Draco, Mattheo, and Theo. I never intended on hurting any of them, and because of me, I'm not sure if their friendship will ever be the same. Do I regret taking the dark mark so that Draco and I could be together? Yes. Is there a way around it all? Yes. Draco told me I didn't have to be with him; I just have Voldemort's blessing to now..

What I don't understand is why the three of them think they own me. Do they know why I came to Hogwarts in the first place? Power. Instead of avenging my father and trying to do what he never had the opportunity to, I'm walking in his footsteps, the wrong ones.

The song fades out and I dust myself off and walk back to the castle. Once in the courtyard, I spot Mattheo, Theo, and Draco sitting in the tree, laughing with each other. I decide to be stubborn and just go back to my room to rest, but Mattheo spots me through the branches and whistles me over. I stop dead in my stride and look up at them. Before speaking or even muttering a sound, I scoff loud enough for them to hear me from fifteen feet in the air and start walking back to my room again. 

I place my speaker and earbuds on my bedside table and remove my sneakers, throwing them into the closet. It's 4:00 o' clock now, and the sun will begin to set soon. I decide to stay in my room for the rest of the night, skipping dinner because I'm not interested in anything at this point, especially the risk of running into the guys again. 

I lay on my bed and listen to Silence by Khalid as it pours from my bedroom speaker. I get up from laying on my bed and change into a black crop top and a pair of silk black shorts. I really don't feel like showering again tonight. I'll probably just do that in the morning before classes begin. 

I lay back down on my bed and slowly drift off to sleep, listening to the song fade out in the distance.