Booming Battle

Remember that conversation between Dr. Wu and Owen Grady? The one about Scar fighting some dinosaur, yeah? Remember it now? If you don't, too bad, cause it's happening. Dr. Wu was in charge, not Owen. Owen was just a trainer, he couldn't have all of the control over Scar. Instead of Scar moving to a different enclosure, they brought her opponent to her, which wasn't Blue or the Indominus....

A fair downgrade of both dinosaurs, the Carnotorus.

This dinosaur though, was still a good pick for Scar.

Dr. Wu watched from inside as the container shipped the Carnotorus to Scar's paddock. Dr. Wu made one, only one thing clear, he did not want Owen Grady near her paddock. "Hawkes." Dr. Wu said. Hawkes looked at him. "I want you to do whatever it takes and keep Owen Grady far away from her paddock. This fight may be loud, it may spark up his attention, but whatever happens, he cannot be near here." Dr. Wu turned to him.

"Distract him, bribe him, lie to him, whatever you feel is necessary. But, do not, I repeat Hawkes, do not hurt him. Owen Grady may be a pain in my ass, but he is the best trainer out there, understand?"

"Yes, sir." Hawkes said. "I won't let you down."

"Good. I'm taking your word for it." Dr. Wu nodded.

Mr. Hawkes walked off, going to find Owen Grady.

Back in her paddock was Scar, who was unaware of this whole situation, surprisingly it would be the first time anything like this would happen. Before, Scar would fight Chickens or Compies, small animals and she'd know when she was fighting them too.

But now, she didn't know anything.

The only thing she had to rely on, was her strength and ability to survive. Scar moved about in her paddock, her now pointed ears perked up as she heard the sounds of a snarling dinosaur. The Carnotorus came stomping out of its container, sniffing the air of its new surroundings, its eyes slowly going to slits when it realized; someone else was here. Scar looked up at the tall beast, hissing at it, standing her ground. The Carnotorus roared back at Scar, which echoed through the air, although Scar's paddock was on the other side of the island, you'd be surprised just how far sounds could travel on Isla Nublar. The Carnotorus ran towards the girl, who than began to run away from the Carnotorus.

As Scar and the Carnotorus ran around her large paddock, the large dinosaur slipped and slammed into the metal wall of the paddock, causing a loud clang. The Carnotorus shooks its head, refocusing on Scar who had found her stick with the rock at the end of it, Scar held the stick in her hand as she waited for the Carnotorus to provide a next move.

Scar growled at the Carnotorus, and the Carnotorus did the same thing in return. Dr. Wu watched attentively as the girl and the dinosaur battled it out.
This battle was loud and it did spark up Owen's attention. Owen was talking to Claire Dearing at the Indominus paddock. They both heard the Carnotorus roar in the distance, at first Owen shrugged it off, possibly just a Compy that snuck into its paddock. But when he heard the catlike hiss, he knew something was wrong, without saying anything to Claire, Owen ran off towards the paddock on the other side of the island, but was stopped by Hawkes.

"Hey! Let me through." Owen said, looking around for a path to escape. "I can't do that." Hawkes said as another goon came behind Owen, "I need to get to Scar's paddock." Owen explained. Hawkes and the other goon held large guns in their hands, as an effort of intimidation. "Scar? Hm, don't know a Scar, do we?" Hawkes grinned. "It appears we don't, Mr. Hawkes." The goon behind Owen said. "You know exactly who I'm talking about." Owen got close to Hawkes. Hawkes slightly pushed Owen back.

"Back off, bud." Hawkes said.

"Now, why don't you tell me how you left the Navy to become a Raptor trainer?" Hawkes chuckled.

"Seems like a interesting story."

Owen felt the tip of a gun in his back. "Don't make any escape plans." The goon behind him whispered to Owen. But, whenever you tell someone to not do something, they normally do it. Owen cared more about Scar's safety, along with the Raptor's safety more than his own. And so, Owen quickly took a sprint left and ran down the through the jungle.

Hawkes and the other goon quickly ran after him.

"Lower your gun!" Hawkes yelled to his fellow goon.

Owen knew the forest better than Hawkes.

Owen got away.

"Spread out! We have to find him." Hawkes said to the other goon as he called for backup.

The battle between the Carnotorus and Scar left them both bloodied and unable to fight anymore. Scar had a hole in one of her new ears, along with bites to her arms and legs. The Carnotorus had slashes to its back and shoulders, scratch marks to its tail, it really wasn't a pretty sight. "Doctor Henry Wu!" Owen yelled angrily, running into the building that Dr. Wu was observing the fight in. "Ah, Owen, just in time for the end." Dr. Wu said as the Carnotorus was moved back into its container, ready to be shipped back to its paddock. Medical staff surrounded Scar, making her feel scared and vulnerable. Scar hissed fraily at them, ready to bite the hands that held the things to heal her.

Owen rushed over to the speaker that led into her paddock. "Scar! Scar, it's me, Owen Grady."

"You're going to be okay, these people want to help you. I'll be down with you as soon as I can, just calm down. You put up a good fight, I'm proud of you."

Scar heard Owen's voice and calmed down, not by much, but enough to let the medical staff to do there jobs, stitching and bandaging together her cuts, disinfecting them with alcohol. "I know it stings, but it'll be over before you know it." Owen said over the speaker. "Awe, isn't this a touching moment?" Dr. Wu interrupted. "I told you not to do this!" Owen quickly turned around to face him. "I never said I'd listen to you. As of now, I hold higher power over you." Dr. Wu replied. "I could have you fired." Owen threatened. "I could have you fired too, you are a partner in my practice. You've worked with her as much have I." Dr. Wu grinned.

"If I go down, you come with me, Mr. Grady. You will never be abled to work with dinosaurs again, neither will I, but who will they believe when this case comes up in court? The scientist? Or the rogue trainer?" Dr. Wu asked. "I have more power than you ever will." Dr. Wu said.

Hawkes and other goons came rushing into the building. "Doc I—I lost him." Hawkes said, focusing on Dr. Wu who turned to his direction. "I'm right here, dipshit." Owen said, stepping forward.

"Yes, yes, and we're all happy to see you, Owen." Dr. Wu put his hand in front of Owen, making him stop. "Hawkes and friends will watch the perimeter of her paddock, other than that, you men are dismissed." Dr. Wu said.

"Yes, sir." Hawkes nodded his head as he and the goons walked out of the building. "I hope you didn't cause too much of a scene when you came rushing over here." Dr. Wu said. "For no reason at all, I may add. I would've stopped the fight even if they didn't give up on each other."

But did they give up on each other?

Or was this just the beginning?

Scar was rewarded with a nice piece of raw beef, she had put up a good fight as Owen said, but was it a good enough fight for Dr. Wu? Owen walked down, slowly into her paddock, avoiding Hawkes and the goons. Scar chewed on the bone of the steak. Owen slowly picked up the stick with the rock at the end of it and wiped the Carnotorus blood off of the tip with a black handkerchief.

"That mine." Scar said.

"I know, I'm just cleaning it off. You can have it back when I'm done." Owen replied to her. "Did you make this?" Owen asked. Scar nodded. "Very nice. Do you know what is it?" Owen placed the stick down. "No." Scar said. "It's a spear." Owen said. "Can you say 'spear'?" Owen asked her. "Spa-ear." Owen sounded it out for her. "Spa-ear?" Scar repeated. "Good girl. Now put it together." Owen threw a smaller chunk of beef to Scar, letting her know she had done something right. "Spear." Scar said, picking up the meat with her teeth. "Good job." Owen smiled.

"Thank." Scar looked at him.

Owen continued to smile at her.

Little did they know, this peace would not last forever. A certain dinosaur was planning a clever escape, or two dinosaurs, or even three dinosaurs.