Help Me, Help You

Scar was the first one awake, but not being abled to move due to Ben's head weighing on her leg. Scar needed to find a plausible shelter for Ben and Bumpy. Scar had ill faith in Ben that'd he'd be able to find and make his own place to stay. Scar gently pushed Ben's head and one his hands off of her thigh, positioning it against Bumpy so Ben would have something to hold onto as he slept. Ben nuzzled against Bumpy. Scar stretched herself out as a cat would do, stretching her arms out to the front, waiting until she felt or heard a crack.

Scar dunked her head under the water to wake herself up, and to see if there was anything to catch, but being it was a stream created by one of the manu storms, there wasn't anything. Scar lifted her head out of the water, shaking her head, drying her hair off, making sure not to splash at Ben or Bumpy.

Scar walked away from Ben and Bumpy, she was uneasy to leave them, but Scar had realized last night that Ben would be fine without her. Ben would disappear like everyone did, even after everything that Scar would do and has done for him, he'd just leave. Ben had said that Scar didn't expect anything in return, and honestly, she really wasn't. Scar sniffed the air, trying to pick up the scent of berries, she was not ready to feed Ben something more than that. As Scar walked, she couldn't help but think about her nightmare, crisis, thing, she had last night.

Maybe Scar was helping Ben because she couldn't help Cole. All Scar could hope for that Cole was safe and didn't end up something like herself, or hopefully not like his abusive and neglectful parents. It made her heart ache just thinking about him. Scar didn't realize how far she had walked, she could just walk and walk, going wherever the island took her. It was a fairly peaceful morning, the sun was out, it was a little brisk,"SCAR!" Ben yelled from across the island. Scar's ears perked up, she went up on her knees and looked around. Scar ran towards the sound of Ben. Scar's pupils became slits as she raced to find Ben and Bumpy. Scar found Ben and Bumpy desperately trying to run away from Toro. Scar rolled her eyes with frustration. She'd scold them later.

Scar jumped on some rocks for leverage, jumping forward, using her long arms to push Toro down to the ground. The Carnotorus tried biting at Scar. Scar jumped off the stomach of Toro, chasing after Ben. Scar stood up on her back legs, she might've been getting better at this, Scar ran towards Ben, grabbed him by the waist. "Ah!" Ben screamed as he got lifted up from the ground, Scar ran with Ben as they both could hear the Toro running behind them. Scar was heading for some rocks that she could see in the distance. As Scar reached closer to the rocks, running out of the trees, coming into a clearing, she felt her legs starting to give out.

Scar with Ben in her arms ran up the large rock, jumping down on the grass below the rocks, making sure not to let go of Ben as it felt like her legs snapped in half. Bumpy toppled over the rock, Scar pulled Ben closer to her and Ben pulled Bumpy closer to him. The Carnotorus stood on top of the rock formation, roaring four times in a row, Ben and Scar covering their ears with each sound made. The Carnotorus stomped away, Ben was too scared to officially look up to see if the Toro had left.

Scar noticed that Ben's chest rose and fell, fairly quickly, Ben started to cry, being overwhelmed with fear, Ben looked away from Scar, covering one of his eyes with his hand before starting to cry into Bumpy. As much as Scar wanted to scold and yell at Ben, how could she? How could she make him feel even worse? How could she hurt someone so weak and fragile? He had lost his friends, and he had lost a way home, Scar not letting him go to the ferry.

Scar just let Ben cry, waiting until he was done. The three of them moved away from the large rock structure, Ben walking, no longer being held by Scar. Scar crawling with a limp, both of her legs in immense pain, being sore and overworked. Bumpy prancing in front of them, not having a care in the world. They eventually stopped in another area of dirt, Ben sat crisscrossed, thinking about what to do next, "We're gonna be here a while..." Ben said.