Dumb Conversations

The next morning, something came into the forest biome and it wasn't any of the six campers nor was it Mae, Kon, Wu or even Kenji. Scar and Cole kept it quiet, but once Cole felt something lurking around, he was high alert. Cole growled under his breath as Scar placed some Nublar berries into his hand, just because she didn't want to eat didn't mean that he wouldn't. "Thanks." said Cole, rolling a berry between his fingers, pressing down and letting the juice splatter onto his fingers and dripping down them.

Cole sunk his fangs into the Nublar berries, "I don't think I've ever had these before." He said. "Mhm." Scar replied, wrapping some leaves around her bullet wound from Hawkes. Scar had shut down, she wasn't in any mood to say anything, not even in the mood to cry about anything. In a way, she felt regretful. If she had never interacted with the campers, she would not be in this situation.

Scar raked her hands through her hair, untangling the knots. Something was sneaking up behind her, Cole perked up, crawling over to her and pushing Scar out of the way. At the snap of a twig, scarping of bark, Cole growled, Scar was observing silently as if she didn't hear or care about what was going on. But as soon as the figure stepped in out of the bushes, Scar placed her hand on Cole's shoulder and yanked him back, he hit himself hard against the grass.

"Scar!" Cole grunted.

"Scar!" Prickle chanted.

"Yes." Scar replied.

"Prickle, what are you doing here?" Scar managed to ask them, Prickle sat down and slowed down their breathing. "Someone is looking for me." Prickle said in their broken English that sounded normal to Scar and Cole. Scar tilted her head as Cole sat up, "Oh.." Prickle said, glancing over to Cole, who looked at Scar and then over to Prickle. Cole looked away in shame, bringing his legs close to his chest and merely staring off to the side. "Prickle." Scar said.

"Who is looking for you?" She asked. "This lady..." Prickle replied, "Not—Not Rosemary, but someone else..." They said, "Not Rosemary...." Scar repeated quietly to herself. "She had glasses." Prickle said, but didn't Dr. Rosemary also have glasses? "And an orange reflexive necklace...." Prickle said. "Mae!" Scar shouted, "Huh?" Cole confusingly turned to face her. "She's not the threat to you, Prickle." Scar said.

"Or any of us." Scar added. "Then, why is she looking for me?" Prickle asked, "I don't know." Scar said and Cole huffed out his nose, rolling his eyes because Scar was talking more to Prickle then him. Cole got up on all fours and walked off without saying anything, "I see that he isn't all bite anymore." Prickle said once Cole was out of sight.

Scar nodded, "Scar," Prickle said, "I—" Prickle began, "Prickle, did you come here just to tell me how I should talk it out with Ben?" Scar asked, slightly annoyed. "Because I really don't need that right now." Scar added, "I don't believe that Mae was looking for you." Scar stood up and walk behind them. Prickle stayed silent, sitting down on the grass. "I thought the desert was beautiful...." Prickle said and Scar glanced at them with a confused look.

"But, here, it's a much better view." Prickle looked around, Scar was silent and sat down behind them. "I haven't been outside in so long." Prickle said, "I have no idea how long it's been since your rescue....But it's still feels strange feeling the sun touch me." Prickle added, "You were outside when we fought, and you were outside in your cage." Scar replied, "That was different." Prickle said, beginning to stare longingly at the large tree in front of them.

"Now, I am free." Prickle said, "Hm..." Scar thought, "It is different...." Scar said, "You two need to make up." Prickle said and Scar was about to interject. "Hear me out." Prickle glanced behind themself to look at Scar, who had shut up to let them talk. "Being alone is not a good feeling." Prickle said, "I would know." They said. "You may think it is now...."

"But, later in time, this decision will ruin you." Prickle said, "It won't!" Scar yelled, Prickle then sighed, "I can take care of myself!" Scar loudly said. "I know you can." Prickle replied and went back to staring longingly at the large tree in front of them.

"You were not my first neighbor, Scar." Prickle said.

"I have seen what loneliness does to people first hand." Prickle added, "I can tell you care for that boy." Prickle said, "Perhaps more than you care about yourself or Claws." Prickle never found out Cole's real name. "For both your sakes," Prickle stood up, "You need to make up." They began walking away. "I can't." Scar quietly cowered.

Prickle looked down at her and the sun gently flashed over their face and their eyes were like fresh ambers with rocks in the middle for pupils instead of mosquitoes, "You must." Prickle said, looking up at the sky, seeing how the sun shifted just for them. "If not now, then soon." Prickle strolled off as if this whole conversation was about absolutely nothing.

Scar mumbled and muttered under her breath, why should she believe the words of someone who hasn't been outside for months if not years? Prickle didn't know anything about Ben or Scar and they for sure as hell didn't know anything about Cole, only that he was a tempered mess because of Wu's drugs. She shouldn't listen to them, even if they were telling the truth, which to Scar, they weren't and never would.

Cole slowly came back into frame, "Is the meditator gone?" Cole asked, "Cole," Scar said, "They mean well, leave them be." Scar sighed, "What did they say to you, Scar?" Cole questioned, raising a brow. "Nothing, Cole. Nothing important." She replied, looking over to him. "Let's get a move on." Scar said. "Where are we going?" Cole asked, "We're just moving, if we stay in one place, we'll be easier to find." Scar explained, standing up and moving.

Cole followed after her like an obedient puppy, he was talking about something, "My stomach is sore...." Cole said, "That's because I stabbed you." Scar nonchalantly replied, "You stabbed me?" Cole asked, "Yes, Cole, I stabbed you." Scar replied like stabbing her friends was a normal thing. "Huh," He said, "That makes sense....." Cole added, shrugging it off. Cole continued to talk, and he had eventually gotten cut off, "Wait, wait, shh...." Scar shushed him.

"I feel really bad about Bumpy...." Brooklynn said in the distance. "...Brooklynn, we can't think about her." Yasmina replied, "If you feel so bad about it, just tell Darius already." Yasmina added in a slightly annoyed tone. "I can't bring myself to do that..." Brooklynn replied, "We didn't even go watch what was happening with Bumpy and the others."

"Baby." Scar whispered to herself, her low voice laced aggression. Cole look at her blankly, blinking rapidly at her a few times. "She's a dinosaur, Brooklynn." Yasmina replied, "She has a better chance of surviving Wu then us..." Yasmina said.

"Wu..." Scar said, "Wu has baby...." Scar's face twisted and contorted with anger. "Scar?..." Cole said. "Your face is a little....." Cole's words faded away. Wu had already mistreated and changed Ben, not in the way he had changed Scar or Cole, but in a way where Ben was full of despair and sadness, where Ben would never be able to see again nor would he ever be able to brush his hair normally...

There was a chance that he could make Bumpy blind, he could remove her armor or make them stronger, injecting her with his special chemicals and change her forever with no chance of reversal. Wu had never experimented on dinosaurs before, only making hybrids but that didn't really count as experimentation, who knows what side effects could occur with Bumpy....Scar couldn't stop this from happening with Ben, but she could help her, she could help Bumpy. She could save Bumpy.