(You Didn't) Fight For Us

Scar's stomach growled, she was hungry...she needed to eat. But, those berries...She couldn't eat those berries without thinking about him. She was afraid to try something new, like those weird looking fruits back at the desert biome...And she didn't know if she could be able to hunt down a Pteranodon in this condition. Maybe she could just eat some grass?

No, she wasn't a cow or goat, she didn't eat grass. She needed something more substantial. Something that would fill the void of emptiness in her stomach. Scar would just have to eat those Nublar berries, whether she liked it or not...She needed to survive. Scar could slightly feel her ribs poking out from under her skin, she hadn't eaten in weeks....

But, having no real way of tracking the time, she was unsure how long it had truly been since she ate anything. Scar wasn't looking for food because she was hungry, even though she was, she was just looking for food for survival. Scar would've starved herself if it meant she wouldn't lose the weight or be weakened by hunger. Scar did look for alternatives, such as mangos, coconuts, or even bananas, like the ones that were back on Nublar. Even something like a pigeon or sparrow would've been nice for her to eat.

Scar had found a berry bush and began picking the red berries off of the twigs and placed them in her mouth. The berry busted with tart juices, exactly how she remembered them tasting....Almost instantly, her eyes started to water and she had just thought it was because of the sourness...But, it wasn't...It was because of him....Ben....berries...

Nonetheless, she continued to eat those berries, because those were the only good, reliable source of nutrients for now, until she found dinosaurs or chunks of cattle to eat. Only problem now was, she was thirsty and she would need to drink more water not because of the fruit but also because of her blood loss. However, she couldn't remember if she had ever passed a source of water like a stream or watering hole...

Scar searched around for some sign of water, even something like a rain puddle or morning dew. But, nothing seemed to tickle her nose, she would just have to rely on her saliva to hydrate her. As she walked, she heard something in the bushes, something that growled....some menacing growl.

And she knew that sound, that growl was engraved into her memories, she would never forget it, it would always be there...always. Scar began running quickly, even though she knew for sure she shouldn't have been running like this, it put too much pressure on her bullet wound, but she would be too stupid if she froze up once she heard that noise....

Claws jumped out of the bushes, running after Scar, snarling behind her. 'That needle...' Scar thought. 'I still have it...' Scar thought about the syringe that Doctor Rosemary gave Kenji, who gave it to Scar. She had completely forgotten about it and considering everything Scar had done, it was still intact, not cracking or spilling onto Scar's shorts.

It must've been some strong glass. Scar yelped as she felt Claws' hand grab onto her ankle, his nails digging against her skin. Claws dragged Scar back, Scar tried to grip her nails into the dirt so she would stop moving or see if there was a rock she could grab onto, nothing. Scar kicked her feet, "Let go!" She yelled, knowing that he wouldn't understand her.

Scar was thrown to the side, rolling around the grass. Claws stalked her down, growling with thin lines in his eyes. Scar shot up into a defensive position, shaking her whole body and jumped towards him, hitting her head against his chest. Claws flew back into a tree, but that didn't stop him from jumping full force onto Scar, creating too familiar of a scene. It was so familiar....Why did this always happen with them? Scar knew why, it was dumb to think about a question like that.

Cole would always have the upper hand, he would always be stronger then Scar and he didn't even need any chemical enhancements for him to be so. You could say it was unfair to compare them but when they were Wu's most prized assets, it was easy to think of them for comparison. Claws pinned Scar down, and her left hand wiggled to grab the needle.