The Moment Of Truth

Scar had finally healed up, and she actually felt a lot better, psychically speaking, she was no way near healing her inner demons. Wu stopped administering the certain serum that made them feel all wrong, he just resorted to giving it to Cole, Scar figured out a way that she could help him, on occasion, Scar would try her to best to swat the syringes out of Wu's hands. But, Wu began to catch on and he figured out a way to stop Scar from doing this, it was simple.

Scar was reintroduced with the idea of her hands being shackled together, Scar was completely frustrated about it, she had worked so hard to get them off in the past, and she had worked so she wouldn't have to wear them anymore. It didn't matter, without giving Scar or Prickle any time to breathe, Wu threw them back into the arena.

Wu didn't even give them an hour, or an opportunity to readjust to feeling back to normal, he just continued to prepare them for the battles that would entertain the crowds. And because Wu did this, once again, all construction was put to a stop, there wasn't anything that the construction workers could've done to prevent this, it would be dangerous and unnecessary to get into another heated argument with Wu about the whole situation.

Though, the arena was built up a little bit more, it wasn't close to being a full stadium, there was some grass that came up from the dirt, and a couple of lights and bleachers placed around. But there were less traffic cones and construction signs placed, and it wasn't built up enough to interfere with Scar's escape plan, that's right, Scar had an escape route, she had spent most of her time thinking about it, that's what she focused on thinking about. In the past, Scar wasn't known to think, she despised the thought of forming things in her head, and know that she needed to think, she did.

Scar didn't think about the campers anymore, and she didn't think about Pebbles or Fear, not even Cole. All those people in her life were long gone by now, they all had disappeared from her memory and some had disappeared from her sight, the only thing she needed to remember was her escape from this cruel reality that she was faced with, and unfortunately, her injury to her stomach slowed that all down.

And now, the time had come, Scar's moment of truth, her time to run for her life and get away from Wu, Hawkes, all the scientists and all the experiments. In the arena, it was Scar and Prickle, a familiar sight for them both, they were just in here not too long ago, Scar didn't tell anybody about this plan, not even Cole or the person that would be vital to this plan, Prickle, Scar needed Prickle in her plan.

The fight began, they were going through the motions, Scar was trying her best not to get hurt, however, her opponent wasn't putting up a very strong defense, Prickle was out of it, they possibly didn't want to fight anymore, but the both of them knew that Wu would be able to tell if one of them let the other win. So, Prickle swung and kicked, Scar dodged most of her opponent's attacks, only getting a few small blows and cuts here and there.

It was nothing that Scar couldn't handle, Scar didn't want to hurt Prickle, not because they were friends, which they weren't, but because if Scar hurt them, her moment would never become true. Scar hit the less vulnerable spots of Prickle, if she happened to hit their stomach, legs, face or feet, then they'd never stand up, and that was what Scar needed them to do.

Prickle and Scar combined were tall enough to be around the same height as this arena, Scar was going to use her opponent as an obstacle, it wasn't like Scar could tell them to stand up, if she did, it'd be obvious to what she was trying to do to whoever was observing her during this fight. Scar hissed at Prickle, and Prickle growled backed at her, Scar jumped at them, not enough to jump on top of them, just enough to trigger a certain reaction from them.

Prickle slowly backed up before standing up, towering over Scar by just a few feet, Prickle looked down at Scar, narrowing their eyes. Scar seemed to grin, her plan was being put into motion and nobody knew that but herself, Scar backed up, pretending that Prickle's taunting and intimidation was getting through to her and causing her distress. Little did Prickle know, she was doing this on purpose.

Prickle growled once again, showing their teeth. Scar ran forward and jumped up from the dirt with the few pieces of grass that was growing up from it. Scar reached out for Prickle's shoulders, using enough force for them to fall back and enough force for her to use her legs and push off of their back, Prickle fell flat on their stomach, their large body crashing into the dirt. Scar jumped into the bleachers stands, and there wasn't any way to stop her, even if the sleeping gas was released, it only was designed to puff out down into the arena where the psychical fight was happening.

Wu was unaware that she was escaping, it always seemed that way, but to Scar's luck, a female scientist by the name of Doctor Rosemary happened to be supervising and she let Scar run, pretending not to even see her. Scar climbed up the bleachers, running up seat to seat, she stopped once she reached to top to examine where she would go next.

There wasn't a lot to look at, it was just a lot of dirt, and there was no visible way of where it lead next, but Scar took a deep breath in and slowly began crawling down the outside of the stadium, scaling the building. And when she reaches the bottom, she ran like there was no tomorrow, she was stretching her arms and legs, but she wasn't out of the woods yet. Scar had no clue where this went, it could just be dirt for miles, and Scar couldn't risk any time in finding out, she didn't know where the stadium was placed in the warehouse, was it close to her cage?

Scar took a sharp right, making the decision to run to the side of the stadium, running around the half built building, Scar was escaping for herself, she didn't go back for Fear or Pebbles, nor did she go back for Cole, how could she have possibly got them out too? Pebbles and Fear needed water to survive and Cole....he wasn't the boy that Scar met at the orphanage many years ago. Scar made her way to where she could see the rows of cage and tanks, but she stayed away from them and continued to run.

Scar made another sharp turn, to her left this time, and she had bumped into....nothing? Her body went slamming into the airlock door, Scar bounced back from the mysterious piece of thin air, she was a little dizzy, she smacked herself up pretty good. Scar watched as the airlock door opened and the lights whirred on to a blinding form of light, this was more than a warehouse....where was she? Really, where was she? Scar contemplated for a second, whether or not she should enter the long dark hallway.

Not many good things came from foreboding hallways. Scar's nose was hit with a familiar scent, she couldn't worry about it, whatever it was, whoever it was, she couldn't possibly think about it. Scar crawled into the airlock and the door closed behind her with a small bang. "How could you let this happen?" Wu fumed at Rosemary. "How could I let this happen? Are you really accusing me?" Rosemary fired back, "You were the one who let these experiments of yours fight in a half built arena!" Rosemary yelled, "And you know how smart S631 is, so do NOT blame this one on me!" She added.

"You were the one that was supposed to be supervising her!" Wu yelled back, "This is a very big mistake you've caused, Dr. Rosemary." Wu said. "And you promised not to question me anymore."

"It appears you did that...what? Three times, now?" Wu asked and Rosemary seemed to gulp in fear. "I'm afraid I have to let you go." Wu sighed and shook his head, "It's a shame. A real shame." Wu put his hands behind back. "Sir?...." Rosemary asked. "Yes?" Wu sincerely asked as two mercenaries, not including Hawkes grabbed Rosemary by her arms, "Sir!"

Wu gave her the cold shoulder, giving her one final glare before turning away, only a few questions remained, would Wu go look for Scar? Would Wu go look for the campers so he could have more and newer experiments? For now, he was undecided.