(Brink Of) Boredom And Death

Scar began to cough as a response to her choking, even though the event had stopped, her body was still trying to recover from it, Scar slowly sat up, looking around the brightly lit hallway, she didn't know where the campers had went and was there really a point in looking for them? Not like this, Scar couldn't look for them in the state that she was in.

Luckily, Scar was close to an airlock door, allowing her to be able to exit the long maze, Scar gently turned around, beginning to get on all fours and crawl to the airlock exit. Scar didn't know how to work these things, but after a few seconds of her color came back and her breathing returned back to normal, she was able to look at the airlock more clearly, there was a blue keypad next to the door.

Scar remembered how Brooklynn closed the airlock, by sliding her finger across the keypad, and Scar thought that it must've been the way to open it too. Scar reached her hand up to the keypad, sliding her finger along it and with a slight beeping sound the keypad turned green and the airlock whirred open. Scar was faced with the jungle, the same jungle that she and the campers had just left, she placed one hand out of the airlock, followed by another, she crawled out of the airlock, the door shutting behind her.

Scar felt her neck pulsate as the swelling began to increase, she needed to fine some sort of treatment, but she didn't know where anything was and she didn't know if her old remedies would help with this kind of injury. Scar's only treated cuts and gashes, which were easy enough to heal, she's never had to deal with the healing of bruises or swelling.

If Scar were to bruise it would never be as painful as this was now, and she didn't have any pain meds, not like she had Owen to get them for her. Scar had to tough this out, she had to start over in a way, she had to rest up, find food, perhaps shelter too. Scar had to pretend that this was like the day she finally escaped her paddock, only now, nobody was looking for her and she wasn't running around having fun.

Every time Scar happened to swallow, her throat would ache on the inside and the out, it was unbearable, could she even speak? Scar wondered, could she even eat? Or would she starve? Scar sighed, walking through the jungle biome, she was looking for something, some water or a nice tree to hide in, but no luck, no water, but there were plenty trees for her to climb up.

With the short day that felt long practically over for Scar, there was nothing left for her to do, merely try her best to get comfortable and try to get some rest. And for the next couple of days her life was stuck in a loop, an ever repeating pattern, she would climb down the tree, look for something that would help her survive, and climb up a whole new tree after being disappointed and empty handed.

Scar didn't need to look for the campers and she didn't expect them to go looking for her, it was clear that they had some mission, some plan, something that they had to fulfill, and if Darius was gone, it was something big that they needed to handle...Cause, where could Darius have possibly gone? He wasn't dead, Scar didn't think he was....he was somewhere.

But, Scar couldn't worry about him or his friends, Scar wasn't friends with them anymore, she didn't have enough of her humanitary instincts left for her to still have any sort of close relationship with them. Scar still had the slightest relationship with Ben, but she wanted to push him away, disappear from his life like everyone disappeared from hers.

And as Scar was bumping around the forest biome, more problems arose from it and not for Scar, she was on one side of the biome while the others were on the opposite side. Shortly after their mission in the desert biome, the campers returned to the jungle biome, hoping to met back up with Mae, and as they were walking through the jungle, they heard something, a mysterious sound, a strange growl.

"Guys..." Kenji started, not knowing whether to stop or keep going, "Did you hear that?" Kenji asked. "If you're trying to ask us 'did we hear the terrifying growling' Then yes, we most certainly did!" Brooklynn replied, "Why do you always have to ask us if we heard it? We're in the same area!" Sammy whisper-shouted as the growling echoed closer.