Part 3

Once the Doctor collapsed, Rose switched places with Mickey to help aid the Doctor back to bed. Rose and Amora put the suffering Doctor back to bed and mopped his brow while Mickey fetched his laptop.

"Jackie, I'm using the phone line. Is that all right?" Mickey asked her, already setting up with laptop on the dining table.

"Yeah. Keep a count of it. It's midnight. Christmas day. Any change?" Jackie asked Rose, who was using the stethoscope to hear his hearts. Rose nods sadly and moves to the living room with the two women following her, Amora sat on the sofa rubbing her head and listening to the telly. She was wearing her gloves and was worried over what was occurring on the screen.

"He's worse. Just one heart beating." Rose said sadly. Amora reached over to grab Rose's hand and gave her a small smile to comfort the young girl. Rose gave a small smile back and turned her attention to the telly, holding Amora's hand tightly, not minding the gloves.

"Scientists in charge of Britain's mission to Mars have re-established contact with the Guinevere One space probe. They're expecting the first transmission from the planet's surface in the next few minutes." A news anchor informed.

"Yes, we are. We're, we're back on schedule. We've received the signal from Guinevere One. The Mars landing would seem to be an unqualified success." Someone wearing a badge and suit said.

"But is it true that you completely lost contact earlier tonight?" A journalist asked.

"Yes, we had a bit of a scare. Guinevere seemed to fall off the scope, but it, it was just a blip. Only disappeared for a few seconds." The person responded.

"I am not sure, but I think that our day is going to get worst." Amora said to the others, an unsettlingly feeling bubbling up. It was her senses from her trainings, she could feel that there was something more, something evil heading their way. 

"She is fine now, absolutely fine. We're getting the first pictures transmitted live any minute now. I'd better get back to it, thanks." The person said, walking away from the cameras and journalists.

"Don't jinx us honey, would you like something to eat? Maybe your just lightheaded." Jackie said, hoping to stop the tension and fear from increasing. Amora shook her head, returning her attention to the telly. 

"Here we go, pilot fish. Scavengers, like the Doctor said. Harmless. They're tiny. But the point is, the little fish swim alongside the big fish." Mickey informed them.

"Do you mean like sharks?" Rose asked him.

"Great big sharks. So, what the Doctor means is, we had them, now we get that." Mickey said, pointing to the screen.

"Something is coming. How close?" Rose asked him.

"There's no way of telling, but the pilot fish don't swim far from their daddy." Mickey said, informing them.

"So, it's close?" Rose asked him, leaning in to get a closer look at the image.

"Funny sort of rocks." Jackie commented and Amora agreed with her.

"Actually," the alien began getting closer to the screen, "those aren't rocks. It's a spaceship." she said, turning her head to the trio. They looked at her, confused and suspicious as to how she knew that. Amora realized what she had said and let out a nervous laugh. "As if. We already have one alien in bed. I doubt there would be anymore aliens wanting to spend the holidays with us." she said, letting out another laugh. Mickey and Jackie looked like they believed her, but Rose still had some suspicion.

"This image is being transmitted via mission control, coming live from the depths of space on Christmas morning." The newsman said over the images shown on the screen. "The face of an alien life form was transmitted live tonight on BBC1." he said.