Part Two

"Your Majesty." The master of the house greets Queen Victoria with a bow.

"Sir Robert. My apologies for the emergency. And how is Lady Isobel?" The Queen asked, being polite to the host.

"She's indisposed, I'm afraid. She's gone to Edinburgh for the season. And she's taken the cook with her. The kitchens are barely stocked. I wouldn't blame Your Majesty if you wanted to ride on." Sir Robert said, looking quite anxious. 

This catches Amora's attention as she sees the man act quiet suspiciously in front of the Queen; she looks around to see if anyone catches this but gets distracted by the servants. She's not one to judge but some of these men should not be bald.

"Oh, not at all. I've had quite enough carriage exercise. And this is charming, if rustic. It's my first visit to this house. My late husband spoke of it often. The Torchwood Estate. Now, shall we go inside? And please excuse the naked girls." The Queen said. 

"Sorry." Rose said sheepishly.

Amora playfully winked at Sir Roberts and the bald servants, who looked at her with either indifference, shock or disgust. The Doctor lightly hit her arm, causing Amora to let out a small yelp. He quickly realized that he liked hearing those type of sounds coming from her. He decided to tease the brunette a bit for fun. 

"The blonde one is quite alright but she's a feral child." He says, pointing to Amora," I bought her for sixpence in old London Town. It was her or the Elephant Man, so..." Amora glared at the Doctor, daring him to continue.

"Thinks he's funny but I'm so not amused. What do you think, Ma'am?" Rose asked, distracting the Queen while Amora stepped on the Doctors foot as revenge. He held in his pain, not wanting to cast attention onto him. 

"It hardly matters. Shall we proceed?" The Queen follows Sir Robert into the home, leaving the trio behind.

"So close." Rose whispered to them. 

"Not close enough." Amora teased, hooking her arm with Rose. The girls looked around the estate, Amanda liking the stone walls and stained-glass windows above them. She noticed something sticking out of the roof and quickly grew excited at what it might be. 

"Makerson and Ramsey, you will escort the property. Hurry up." Captain Reynolds ordered, causing the trio to snap their attention at the guards.

"Yes, sir." The two soldiers said, taking the small, locked box and carrying it into the house.

"So what's in there, then?" The Doctor asked.

"Property of the Crown. You will dismiss any further thoughts, sir. The rest of you go to the rear of the house. Assume your designated positions." Sir Reynolds said before giving out more commands. 

The trio watch the soldiers go to their positions and some walk inside the house to guard the Queen and her precious belongings. Amora stops following the others, believing she heard something, like a whimper. She waits a few moments before resuming to join the others. The group is led to a big observatory, Amora looks around in amazement. She gets closer to the massive bronze telescope in the middle of the room, walking around it slowly, not wanting to miss one thing. The Doctor stared at her, enjoying the curious gleam in her eyes and was glad that she was enjoying herself.

"This, I take it, is the famous Endeavour." Queen Victoria said.

"All my father's work. Built by hand in his final years. Became something of an obsession. He spent his money on this rather than caring for the house or himself." Sir Roberts explained.

"It's magnificent!" Amora said happily, lightly grazing the telescope. "Your father was brilliant."

Sir Robert smiles lightly at the girl before directing his attention to the Doctor.