Rise of the Cypermen

Authors Note: There will be a few more chapters, no more splitting it into different parts, and then book one will be completed. I will be spending some time editing before releasing the first few chapters of book two. I hope everyone is enjoying their day and enjoys the book. If you notice that something does not make sense, it is probably because I have not edited/fixed it yet. Thank you for being patient!

Amora finished changing into her outfit, a cropped graphic tee and a black skirt that matched nicely with her black gloves, and walked to the console room, where the Doctor and Rose were telling Mickey a story of one of their past adventures; one that Amora was not a part of. Mickey was a bit clueless about what they were talking about but was happy that he was being included in their conversation, even if he wasn't able to add anything to it. Amora noticed he was pressing down on a button and frowned once she joined them.

"And that weird munchkin lady with the big eyes? Do you remember? The way she looked at you! And then she opens her mouth and fire comes out!" The Doctor said, laughing at the memory. He noticed Amora and gave her a goofy smile, which caused her to smile wide at him. No matter if she felt sad or angry, she couldn't help but smile in his presence. She really had to figure out a way to make her heart stop beating so fast at the sight of his smile or else he will have too much power over her. 

"I thought I was going to get frazzled!" Rose recalled happily, reminiscing with a laugh.

"Yeah. One minute she's standing there, and the next minute roar!" The Doctor said, imitating claws to go along with his roar. Amora giggled at the sight before she started to lean on Mickey.

"Yeah. Where was that, then? What happened?" Mickey questioned, wanting to be included. He was eager to know what the hype and laughs were all about, he wanted to feel part of the team.

"Oh, it was on this er, this er planet thing. Asteroid. It's a long story, you had to be there." The Doctor said sheepishly to him.

"Don't worry Mickey, they have their stories while we," Amora leaned over closer to whisper into Mickey's ear, "have ours." she finished with a wink. They both laugh, causing Rose and the Doctor to feel left out. Rose knew not to be worried, as she knew that Amora was not interested in Mickey and that Mickeys and her relationship was ...alright, well it was still standing. 

The Doctor glared at their interaction and proceeded to look away. He was clear about his feelings for Amora, but she still did not realize her feelings, if she had any for him.

"Er, what're you doing that for?" The Doctor asked Mickey, finally noticing that Mickey was pressing down on a button.

"Because you told me to." Mickey told him slowly, showing him the controller.

"When was that?" He asked him. He did not remember asking Mickey to press anything, well at least when he was telling the story.

"Doctor, please don't tell me you forgot." Amora said, looking disappointed at the male alien, who avoided her gaze.

"About half an hour ago" the human male responded, causing Amora to stare down the Doctor.

"Er, you can let go now." The Doctor said sheepishly to him as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, how long's it been since I could've stopped?" Mickey asked him, anger clear in his voice.

"Ten minutes? Twenty? Twenty-nine?" The Doctor guessed, knowing that he was at fault. 

"You're an idiot Doc." Amora said, shaking her head at him. For such a brilliant man, he did not fail to do idiotic stuff.

"You just forgot me!" Mickey accused him while pointing a finger at him.