School Reunion- Part One

A class full of young children waits for their teacher to enter. They all patiently wait when a woman in a white button up and black pencil skirt walk in, clicking her black heels as she walks to the board. She grabs the market from the desk and begins to elegantly write her name, Mrs. Amanda Smith. Some of the students looked at her hands, wondering why she wore black laced gloves, while others were looking at the smile on the teacher's face, getting excited for today's lesson. 

"Hello students! I am your substitute teacher, Mrs. Smith. Some of you have my husband, Mr. Smith for physics." A few students nod their heads. "I usually man the library but your music teacher, Miss. Henderson, had an emergency so I am going to be teaching you." She said, adjusting the glasses on her face. The Doctor had told her that wearing glasses would make her appear older and more 'teacher'-like. She thought she looked more like a secretary but she agreed to wear them. Most of the children just thought that she looked almost exactly like the model that was in those ads in the stores, though they knew that she couldn't be her. 

A student raised their hand.

"Yes, er, what's your name dear?" Amora asked politely. 

"Evan Matthews." He responded. 

"What is your question, Evan?" she asked. 

"Do you know anything about music? Aren't you just a librarian." He said in a curious tone.

"Oh Evan," she says, sitting on top of her desk, "I know a lot about music." She gave out a small chuckle, like she knew something the kids did not know. She began roll call, noticing that a few students in her class were absent. She quickly looked at the attendance of yesterday and noticed that more and more students were becoming absent. A child from the first row raises her hand, Amora pointed at her.

"Yes Melissa, how may I help you?" She asked. 

"What sort of instruments do you play Mrs. Smith? Melissa asked, wanting to learn more about the new teacher. 

"Well, I can play just about anything. Though my favorite is the flute." Amora said, thinking it through. Everyone in her species were taught how to play instruments, it was great for parties and seductions." What instrument do you play?" she asked the young girl. 

The young girl responded back eagerly, and Amora made sure that each student was able to share their favorite as well.

"Now let's begin the lesson for today, I don't need your teacher being crossed at me." She said with a small laugh, causing some of the students to join in. "I believe your teacher wants you all to start working on your performance for the school's assembly."

It wasn't a complicated piece; it was something that she was taught when she was 45 years old. A human child was perfectly able to do it. Though she did notice that some of the students seemed to avoid using the music sheets that were provided and showed techniques that were way advanced for their age. She listed the names of the students that were advanced on a separate sheet of paper and gave aid to those who were struggling. She had to show the Doctor her findings; it may not be a lot but at least it was something.

Amora walks to the canteen, where she notices the Doctor in line and Rose serving some peas to the students and other staff members. She chuckled at the sight of Rose's face; anger was very clear from where she was standing. She quickly joins the line and grabs a few things that were offered, making sure to stop at Rose's section.

"Why are you able to become a librarian and a substitute teacher and I am stuck here serving slop?" Rose asked, furious at her role.

"Because I rock the whole sexy librarian/teacher look better." Amora teased with a wink. Rose rolled her eyes, hating that she had to agree that Amora did suit that role perfectly. She grumbled which caused Amora to laugh.