Book 2 Sneak Peek

Authors Note: Here is a sneak peek of what to expect for the second book: Am I Still Yours?

Martha Jones was walking down the street with headphones in her ears, listening to a song on her phone when a phone call interrupted it.

"Why are you up so early? You were snoring when I left." She says in a joking tone.

"Haha, very funny." The person on the other line says and putting the call on speaker. She sets it down on the kitchen table and Martha could hear a ding from the oven, along with some ruffling. The person quickly put her hair into a bun before taking the cupcakes out of the oven. Martha knew that her roommate was probably struggling to multitask, so she focused on the walk to the hospital, where she passes a clothing store with a larger poster of a pretty brunette with blue eyes. 

"You're baking this early? The party isn't till later." Martha said, moving through the crowd. Her roommate loves baking for events and always made the best food. She honestly could probably open her own little bakery, but Martha was not going to complain, especially since she got to eat it all the time.

"Well, I thought I would come in today and have you and some of the others taste test some of the cupcakes. I made sure to do different flavors, so it's just up to the judges to say which one is the best." The person said, carefully checking the cupcakes. 

Beeping interrupted Martha and she looked down at her phone to see Tish calling her.

"Well, Tish is calling so it's probably something to do with my parents. Make sure to text me when you arrive. See you later." Martha said. 

"Make sure you're wearing your lab coat; you know I love a person in uniform." The voice flirted. The person on the other line started picking up used dishes and putting them into the dishwasher. She looked at her ring finger and sighed, clearly missing something that was no longer there.

"Stop it, you. This is why my mother doesn't like you." Martha joked.

"Hush, Francine loves me! Especially since I help you study and take care of the flat. Now don't be late, I be there around lunch. Kisses Mwah." then the line goes dead. 

Martha proceeds to call Tish back and proceeds to try to solve whatever issue they give her for the day. 

<Time Skip>

"Damnit." Martha said, slapping her forehead once she remembered. She searched for her phone, trying each pocket she had before finally retrieving it from her coat pocket. 

"What's wrong? Do you want to go back inside?" The Doctor asked, worried for the young woman next to him. 

"I forgot! My roommate was supposed to show up and- she's been calling me." Martha said. "There's no connection. Of course, there's no connection we are on the Moon." she grumbled. She looked at her phone in worry, wondering what might have happened to her friend when the doors of the veranda opened. A woman rushed by the Doctor and pulled Martha into a hug. 

"Are you alright? You're not hurt anywhere, right? How the fuck are we on the Moon!" The woman rushed out in a familiar voice that caused the Doctor to freeze. 

"I am fine AJ." Martha said, calming the poor girl. Martha turns the girl, so that she faces the man she ran by to get to Martha.

"John Smith, this is my great friend and roommate-"

"Amora?"