Part Two

"Rose! Mickey! Every time." The Doctor complained as Amora looked around in worry. They had noticed that their friends were missing once they had come back from seeing Reinette and immediately went on a scavenger hunt for them. 

"Every time, it's Rule one. Don't wander off. I tell them, I do. Rule one. There could be anything on this ship." The Doctor said, slightly disappointed at the sight of his missing companions. He also wanted to complain to them about Reinette's and Amora's kiss.

The duo began to walk slowly, calling out to their friends.  

"So," the Doctor said as Amora turned her head to him," you and Reinette huh?" he asked her in a somewhat curious and saddened tone that she somehow missed. 

"It was just a kiss Doc." Amora said nonchalantly as she thought about Reinette and her life, all of her accomplishments and scandals. She couldn't believe that a woman like Reinette had kissed her. 

"That wasn't just a kiss." he mumbled incoherently. The Doctor could tell that Reinette had feelings for Amora and based on how Amora kissed her back, she at least had some feelings for the girl. Amora was about to say something to him but then something caught her eyes. 

"Can we keep him?" Amora asked him excitedly after seeing the white horse and running towards it, already stroking the horse by the time the Doctor got to them. The Doctor sighed before saying that they should ask the others first, which caused Amora to pout while petting the horse.

They started walking in silence, still trying to find the others when the Doctor suddenly stopped, a thought crossing his mind.

"That song... the one you hummed earlier." he said, Amora looked at him confused before realizing he meant when they first went to Reinette's room. "What were you humming?" he asked her before humming it, trying to remember when he heard it before. 

"Some Earth song that my mom used to sing to me. She told me that it was one of my father's favorite songs." Amora replied to him as she thought about her mother and the limited information she knew about her father.  

"But it didn't sound like anything from the 1400s. If anything, it sounded like a song from the 1940s." The Doctor said as he hummed the melody again.

"You know all that from me just humming a few notes." Amora said with a giggle before nodding. "I agree though, it's a bit too jazzy for a song from the 1400s but perhaps my dad was just ahead of the times." she said as she tried to imagine her father, what he was like and how he might have acted. 

"I heard that song before.... when did I?" the Doctor murmured to himself as Amora shrugged. 

"It's an easy melody to hum Doc, I don't know what else to tell you. My mom would hum it to me whenever I was scared so I hummed it to Reinette." Amora explained to him. The brunette was terrified about her life, her lifespan and if one day the people in her village would tire of her and just decide to cast her and her family further away or do something worse to them when she was younger. The only thing that ever calmed her down was her mother rocking her to sleep and humming to her.  

"Why did you kiss her back?" The Doctor asked her, looking around the hall so that he wouldn't see Amora's facial expression, fearing that her face would show that she had feelings for Reinette. He could feel his hearts speed up as he waited for her answer. 

Amora thought for a moment before replying, "Because she kissed me." The brunette looked at the Doctor with confusion, not understanding why he seemed to have a problem with that.

"But you didn't have to kiss her back." He said with a hint of emotion that Amora couldn't place. 

She tilted her head. "Why wouldn't I kiss her back? In my people's culture, a kiss can be used as a declaration of friendship; it would have been rude to not kiss back. Plus, the kiss wasn't bad." Amora said, thinking back to the kiss. "Rose and I kissed, and we are friends!" She pointed out to him.