Final Goodbyes

Author Note: Was at 1599 words, now at 1782 words. 

Amora stared at the shocked faces of the people that she considered family (well Jackie, the Doctor and Rose were different) and knew that she should probably have waited to tell them the news. Jackie rushed over to hug the brunette, holding her so tight that Amora couldn't help but slightly regret her decision; but she knew she had to stay strong. She pulled away from Jackie, who was a blubbering mess. Jackie's mascara was running slightly but she didn't care; she was going to lose a daughter; the person who had been there when Rose was away, who kept her company and kept her away from being upset. Memories of Jackie and her swirled around Amora's head, causing her to tear up. 

"I just want to say that you really saved me Jackie Tyler." Amora said, struggling to hold back the tears. "You accepted me for who I am and never judged me. You gave me a home when I was at my lowest and you were there for me when my mother could not." She sobbed.

"Why don't you stay a few days sweetheart? I can make us all a feast and we can watch the telly like we used to. I can... I can... I really don't want you to go." Jackie said, struggling to cope that the girl she took in was actually leaving her.

Amora shook her head. "I can't. I have my real mum waiting for me, just like how you have been waiting for Rose. It's time I go back... But I just want to say, Jackie Tyler... Thank you. For being the first human who accepted me, for being the first person that I could actually be myself around. You are amazing and don't you ever forget it. Thank you for being my mum here on Earth." She said, pulling Jackie into another hug. Once she let go, Jackie rushed out of the room; her sobs could be heard as she slammed her bedroom door shut.

"But you can come back, right? Or-or the Doctor and I can come get you? This doesn't have to be the end." Rose asked, settling from the shock. This couldn't be their goodbye; she wasn't going to lose someone else, especially not her Amora, her best friend. 

"I can't." Amora said. "Times are changing, and the council is getting scared." She informed them.

"Of what?" The Doctor finally spoke.

"I can't tell you." Amora said, looking away from the two. "They are most likely going to cancel expeditions to Earth and most likely to anywhere else. Half the planet is going to be closed off once everyone arrives home from their expeditions."

"...Why? Why would you want to go back?" Rose asked, trying to wipe away the tears from her face. She was already mourning the loss of Mickey and now someone she considered a- a best friend was leaving her. Why couldn't they stay for her? "The Tardis can drop you off whenever! We can travel forever, the three of us together!"

"Honey- " Amora started to say, closing her eyes in sadness and frustration. She had to keep eyes close or else she would fold. 

"No! No Honey, no nicknames... why do you want to leave us?" Rose demanded to know.

"Because I have to or else, I may never go back and see my family." Amora admitted before turning her face towards the Doctor, who couldn't look at her. "It scares me, that I would even consider leaving my family for you guys."

"When do you want to go?" The Doctor asked with no emotion. He stared blankly at her, like she wasn't truly there. Unlike Rose and Jackie who went to touch or be near Amora, he stayed away and kept his distance.

Rose spun to face him. "Doctor- "

"If she wants to leave us then there is nothing that we can do Rose." The Doctor said harshly to Rose.

"Now if that's alright. I can make up an excuse as to why I came without the others." Amora said, swallowing the words she wanted to tell me.

The Doctor nodded before walking past her to enter the Tardis, which was still in the living room. Rose looked at Amora, waiting to hear more from her but Amora stayed silent.