The Age of Steel

The Doctor pulled something out of his pockets and held it up, causing a bright light to surge and disable the Cybermen that were surrounding them.

"What the hell was that?" Ricky demanded answers but was ignored.

"We'll have that instead. Run!" The Doctor said but a familiar van pulled up in front of them.

"Everybody, in!" Mrs. Moore ordered. Amora let out a sigh of relief before heading into the van.

"I've got to go back. My wife's in there." Pete said, looking back to his home, which was once filled with screams, now filled with stillness.

"Anyone inside that house is dead. If you want to help, then don't let her die for nothing. You've got to come with us right now." The Doctor said, pushing the man into the van.

"Come on! Get a move on!" Mrs. Moore said.

"Rose, she's not your mother." The Doctor said.

"I know." Rose said, casting one more look to the estate then entering the van.

"Come on." Amora said from the van. The Doctor sat next to her while Rose sat with Pete.

"Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" Mrs. Moore snarked before speeding away.

"What was that thing?" Rickey questioned.

"Little bit of technology from my home." The Doctor responded.

"It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?"" Mickey asked.

"It's on a revitalizing loop. It'll charge back up in about four hours." The Doctor said, putting it away.

"Right. So, we don't have a weapon anymore." Ricky said, annoyed.

"Yeah, we've got weapons. Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him." Jake said, pointing to Pete Tyler.

"Leave him alone. What's he done wrong?" Rose asked angerly.

"Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left Lumic in charge." Jake said.

"If I was part of all that, do you think I'd leave my wife inside?" Pete asked, stunned by his anger.

"Maybe your plan went wrong. Still gives us the right to execute you, though." Ricky said.

"Talk about executions, you'll make me your enemy. And take some really good advice. You don't want to do that." The Doctor warned.

"All the same, we have evidence that says Pete Tyler's been working for Lumic since twenty point five." Ricky said.

"Is that true?" Rose asked.

"Tell them, Mrs. M." Ricky ordered.

"We've got a government mole who feeds us information. Lumic's private files, his South American operations, the lot. Secret broadcasts twice a week." Mrs. Moore said.

"Broadcast from Gemini?" Pete interrupted.

"And how do you know that?" Ricky demanded.

"I'm Gemini. That's me." Pete said.

"I knew it." Amora whispered.

"Yeah, well you would say that." Ricky said, not believing the man.

"Encrypted wavelength six five seven using binary nine. That's the only reason I was working for Lumic. To get information. I thought I was broadcasting to the Security Services. What do I get? Scooby Doo and his gang. They've even got the van." Pete said in anger.