Part Two

Authors Note: I noticed a few mistakes in the last chapters so I will be going back and fixing those when I have time. Hope y'all enjoy the chapter!

Edited:4/29/2023 (Please tell me if I made any mistakes or if I missed something!)

The Doctor finally found a phone and used it to call Rose, who was still missing. Amora leaned in to hear the phone ringing and heard the awful accent that Rose answered with.

"Where've you been? How long does it take to get to Ward 26?" He questioned the human over the phone. 

"I'm on my way, governor. I shall proceed up the apples and pears." This caused Amora eyebrow to raise. 

"You'll never guess. I'm with the Face of Boe. Remember him?" He said with a look of remembrance on his face. It was their first trip together, the official start of their adventures.

"Of course I do. That big old boat race." Amora heard her say awkwardly.

"I'd better go. See you in a minute." And with that the Doctor hung up and grabbed Amora's hand.

"Don't you think Rose was talking a bit weird there?" Amora asked the Doctor, slipping into her Catalan accent. The Doctor smiled, enjoying the accent that she had and wishing that she used it more. He had to ask more questions about her, she was a mystery that he wanted to dig deep into. 

"Nah, it must have been the reception." The Doctor said, before stopping and seeing The Duke of Manhattan in a much better state than earlier.

"Didn't think I was going to make it. It's that man and girl again! They're my good luck charms. Come in. Don't be shy." He gestured them over to his side, causing Clovis to frown. 

"Any friendship expressed by the Duke of Manhattan does not constitute a form of legal contract." His assistant was quick to say. 

"Winch me up. Up! Look at me. No sign of infection." The Duke said proudly. 

"Champagne, sir? Madam?" A posh waiter said, appearing out of nowhere and holding a tray with two flutes of champagne. 

"No, thanks." The Doctor rejected while Amora grabbed them both and drunk them both, taking one long gulp from each glass.

Everyone looked at her in shock as she just stared calmly at them.

"What? Did someone else want them?" She asked the group. The Doctor just shook his head before turning to the Duke.

"You had Petrifold Regression, right?" The Doctor asked to confirm. 

"That being the operative word. Past tense. Completely cured." He said proudly, showcasing his healed body. 

"But that's impossible." The Doctor said shocked. 

"Primitive species would accuse us of magic, but it's merely the tender application of science." The nurse said. 

"How on Earth did you cure him?" Amora asked, if the Doctor said it was impossible then there had to be something wrong. This hospital had to be doing something to be able to heal in an expediently fast rate. 

"How on New Earth, you might say." The nurse responded coyly. 

"What's in that solution?" The Doctor asked, motioning to the brightly colored IV bags. 

"A simple remedy." Was the nurses quick reply. 

"Then tell me what it is." The Doctor said with his eyes narrowed. 

"I'm sorry. Patient confidentiality. I don't believe we've met. My name is Matron Casp."  She introduced herself to the strange and nosy pair. 

"I'm the Doctor." He said.